I am a freelance writer and photographer from Sydney who has now had five books published on fishing. I also write for the NSW Fishing Monthly, Visit the Shire, Fisho App & Tackle Tactics.
I also like to travel and experience new things to do.
Update February 6th 2019
THE WOLLOMBI MARKET HAS MOVED TO DOS JUANS FINE FOOD FARM GATE.
Nestled in the Hunter Valley, NSW is a small township called Wollombi. Wollombi is within the Cessnock City Council LGA and is situated 29 kilometres southwest of Cessnock and 128 km north of Sydney. Making is a short drive from Newcastle and just a couple of hours from Sydney.
There is so much to do while in Wollombi! You could go bush walking, walk the convict trail, explore a historical building and visit vineyards. It's a place that you could make a weekend of it and stay a while.
Grand opening of the Wollombi Village Market on the 13th of November 2016. Image courtesy of the event organiser.
Thinking about staying a while. Why don't you visit the historical township on the 2nd Sunday of the month and take in the new Wollombi Village Market that will be starting on Sunday the 13th of November 2016.
The dedicated organisers of this not for profit market are honoured to establish a monthly market at the historic Wollombi Village. Their expectation is to offer a place where families and friends can leisurely enjoy browsing for and tasting fresh produce, including cheese, smallgoods, bread, wine and jams.
In addition to the fantastic range of food and condiments, this market will also host a selected range of handicraft stalls.
Whether it has been locally made, grown or baked you simply cannot get it fresher and more authentic than at the Wollombi Village Market on the second Sunday of the month from 9am to 3pm.
Some of the stalls that will be on the 2nd Sunday of the month are as follows:
• Wollombi Wines is a family owned and operated boutique vineyard, adjoining the historic village of Wollombi in the NSW Hunter Valley, gateway to Wine Country. The vineyard is bordered by the beautiful Wollombi Brook.
Wollombi Wines produce a range of wines, including Semillon, Rose, Shiraz and Sparkling wines. The first vines were planted by the Hoft family in 1994. At harvest, the fruit is selectively handpicked with one intent - the best possible quality.
• Dos Juans Fine Foods products range from fresh and smoked chorizo to a selection of authentic salami, black budding traditional from regional Spain, and made using their ancestor's recipes. You will also find fresh soft and mature goat cheese, mature sheep milk cheese and a selection of mouth-watering smoked or infused with truffles vintage cheddars together with fresh or smoked trout organically grown in crystal clear spring water without the need for growth hormones, antibiotics and artificial colouring.
Dos Juans Fine Foods products. Image courtesy of event organiser.
• Artisan bakers, baking fresh bread daily with skill and care. They seek out the finest ingredients, working directly with farmers from renowned wheat-growing regions to create single origin sourdough.
• Adocross - artisan fudge & sweet makers.
• Ceramic by Susan - unique ceramic designs.
• Brasserie Bread - artisan sough dough and cakes.
• Tar10 - pickles, jams & marmalades.
• Pasta Gallery - artisan fresh pasta.
• Hunter Valley Gluten Free - Gluten free bread, cakes & pasta gluten free products.