More outdoor activities are returning to Melbourne this autumn with more being scheduled as the season takes on the wintery coat. In addition to the exclusive French Impressionism artworks being scheduled at NGV, preparations have begun in April to transform Fed Square into a winter wonderland.
Opening on 13 May, the Fed Square Winter Village is a pop-up destination event for visitors of all ages. It is free to enter 7 days a week and includes a full season of free and ticketed activities to enjoy till 29 August 2021. Highlights include:
1) Let It Snow - Don't miss the daily snow shower when you visit at 12 pm, 3 pm, 6 pm and 9pm.
2) Igloo Dining - There are 24 private igloos to choose from for a unique dining experience. Each decked out with comfy armchairs, soft cushions and twinkling fairy lights. Packages are available for groups of 2-5 guests based on $49 or $69 per person.
3) Ice Skating - everyone can enjoy the ice-rink with Melbourne's twinkling city lights as the backdrop 7 days a week. Each skate pass is for a 45-minute session and includes skate and helmet hire.
4) Discount Tuesdays - 2-for-1 skate passes are available all day, every Tuesday.
5) Brunch & Skate - you can enjoy brunch in a private igloo after a 45-minute skate session at 10am every Saturday and Sunday Adults are $35 per person and Kids are $22 per person.
6) Sunday Family Passes - family skate passes are available on Sunday at $74 for 2 adults and 2 kids.