What Would You Put on Your Bucket List
Experience More - Subscribe to Our Weekly Events Newsletter
Back in 2009 Leanne and I went along to the movies to see a film called The Bucket List
starring Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman. The main plot follows two terminally ill men (portrayed by Nicholson and Freeman) on their road trip with a wish list of things to do before they "kick the bucket."
It was a brilliant and very funny movie that made me think about what I would put on a bucket list, and no, it was not because I thought that I was going to "kick the bucket".
People who know me would think that most of the things that I would put on my bucket list would be to do with fishing. But after thinking about the things that I would like to do I decided not all of them involved fishing.
So, in no particular order I am going to put together a list of 40 things that I would like to do after watching the movie, The Bucket List
. As you will see as you read on there are a number of things on my bucket list that I have already done, but would love to do again.
Maybe you have some other suggestions that I may like to do in the coming years or somewhere you have been that I might think about adding to my bucket list to bring it up to 50 things.
1. Go on a fishing only trip to Weipa with Scotty Lyons from Southern Sydney Fishing Tours.
This is planned for May 2016.
2. Learn how to play golf
properly. I have started to improve after a couple of lessons and a few hundred balls at a driving range.
3. Drive a V8 car at Eastern Creek.
4. Get my wife to climb the Sydney Harbour Bridge.
This is going to be a very hard one as Leanne doesn't like heights. Might have to change this on.!
5. See if I can ride a surf board
again as I used to do it up until I was about 34 years old.
6. Learn how to cook seafood
properly in New Zealand. I have done this once but I think that I need to do it again.
7. Buy a new mower or learn how to fix things
properly when working with metals. I used to be a carpenter.
8. Go to Ireland
with Leanne and do a self drive around for a couple of weeks.
9. Have a go at flying a plane.
10. Win a go-kart race
and not come second, third or last.
11. Get a bigger boat
so that I can fish outside as well as inshore.
12. Learn how to water ski.
Maybe I am past this one.
13. Fly to South Australia and spend a week on Kangaroo Island.
14. Swim in a shark cage.
15. Learn how to be a better photographer.
16. Fly to Perth and drive to Margaret River
and sample some of their great wines. While there check out some of the places where my relatives used to live.
17. Catch a bone fish.
18. Sit by the beach on Rarotonga Island
in the Cook Islands and drink a cocktail while watching the sun set over the water.
19. Meet Dynamo.
20. Go to Ayers Rock
for a couple of days. This is only because Leanne would like to go and I guess it would be great, even though there is no fishing.
21. Write a new book
on what else, but fishing. This one is in the pipeline.
22. Visit the Don Bradman Museum at Bowral.
23. Ride in a steam train.
24. Have a go at white water rafting at the Penrith White Water Course.
25. Face an over off spin bowler Nathan Lyon
the Australia Cricketer.
26. Re-visit Broome and just go fishing for a week. Sure, I had a brilliant time when I was last up in the Kimberley's
, but it would be great to just go fishing for a few days.
27. Make an ABT Grand Final
as a boater. I have already made it as a non-boater.
28. Visit both the north and south islands of New Zealand
and write about our trip.
29. Go back to Tasmania
and see the things that I haven't seen. It was 31 years ago when we went.
30. Star in a commercial.
It would have to be about fishing, of course.
31. Go on a ghost tour.
32. Learn how to paint.
33. Eat at a high quality Japanese Restaurant.
34. Go to the horse races.
I have been to the trots and dogs, but never a horse race.
35. Visit Crooked River Winery
on the south coast of NSW and try their wines.
36. Own a tackle shop.
It may be on my bucket list, but this will never happen. When would I get to go fishing? Maybe I could work part-time in one?
37. Fly to Darwin
for a holiday and of course fit in some fishing.
38. Holiday in somewhere in the Fiji Islands
where we had our honeymoon.
39. Feed the penguins at the Melbourne Aquarium.
40. Do an advanced driver training course.
If you have any suggestions of what I could add to my list please let me know.
Maybe you don't have one yet and would like to start one.
As someone said, "You will never never know until you go".
87609 - 2023-06-11 07:40:50