Subscribe      List an Event or Business      Invite a Writer      Write for WN      Writers      Other Locations
Home > Canberra > Comments > What to do if You Think You Have Coronavirus?
Your Reply
Optional Image: (jpg or gif)
Your Email:

Security Image:
tohear
Security Text:
copy text from image above
Highlighted
minimum score: order: subscribe:
excellent article- straight forward and simple- not like the guff the government is issuing
by denis (score: 0|4) 1183 days ago
by Roy Chambers (score: 3), 1183 days ago
I am glad that the information I have provided is helpful. These isn't enough on the new clinics yet, but from what I understand they are still recommending you contact your GP first, who might recommend you go to either a clinic or the emergency department (depending on your severity).

The thing we have to remember, is most people are only getting information from the government via the media (and I by that, I mean old media, not new media like Weekendnotes). So they just publish snippets of information.

The other issue is that nature of our health care system which includes private and public elements, state based health providers and national bodies. This means that it takes a lot of coordination to respond to a pandemic, and that makes response a little slow.

Being public service they are very reluctant to put out information quickly. So their information releases are not that helpful.

Finally of course, there is the issue of political machinations. No matter how fast or slow they respond, someone will always find something to complain about. It takes time go from idea to action in a meaningful manner.

I just try to make some small contributions to the spread of information, mostly by summarising details that the mainstream media have trouble bringing together because of their business model.