Subscribe      List an Event or Business      Invite a Writer      Write for WN      Writers      Other Locations
Home > Everywhere > Comments > What are the Best Indoor Activities For Kids at Home?
Your Reply
Optional Image: (jpg or gif)
Your Email:

Security Image:
omlqba
Security Text:
copy text from image above
Highlighted
minimum score: order: subscribe:
What a great article! I have a granddaughter aged 18 months in Melbourne. She is shut in in a unit. What can I send her?
by raini (score: 1|19) 1061 days ago
by Sue W (score: 3), 1061 days ago
Hi there,
Thanks for reading this article and your comment! You have to be conscious of safety/ choking in under 3's which restricts some craft ideas, but there are some great ideas she will love! Anything with different textures to touch is always popular at that age - play doh, pipe cleaners, finger paint (if her mum is happy for a mess!), books with "lift the flaps" and textures underneath, pom poms to glue in a collage etc. At that age, my daughter loved the box and filling more than anything, so you don't need to spend much money! She also loved a small plastic water bottle filled with dry rice to shake as a maracca, which cost next to nothing - you never know what will pique their imagination! What a lovely idea, good luck, I'm sure she will be very grateful!
Sue