I'm an author living on Brisbane's bayside.
Come say hi at www.michelleupton.com and you can read my novel, 'Let Me Fall If I Must', for free.
Published March 27th 2020
Home schooling just got made easier
The spread of CO-VID19 now means lots of children are being homeschooled. As a parent myself, I know how overwhelming this can feel. To make life a little easier for parents and guardians, I have put together a list of 15 websites that provide resources for school-aged children.
I hope you find them useful. I have had fun exploring these with my kids over the last few days.
2. Always happy to help, the White Rose Maths Team has prepared a series of five maths lessons for each year group from Year 1-8. They will be adding five more each week for the next few weeks. Every lesson comes with a short video showing you clearly and simply how to help your child to complete the activity successfully.
3.Maths with Mum is a free primary Maths course for parents and children.
National Geographic Kids
4. National Geographic Kids have great primary resources that are written in the tone of National Geographic Kids magazine and are sure to engage your children by making learning fun and accessible.
5. Oxford Owl has lots of free resources for Primary age
6.ABC Education brings you thousands of free, curriculum-linked resources for Primary and Secondary students and teachers.
7. Kidsnews.com.au is offering free daily school-day education tasks and fun activities to help parents and children who want to learn at home during the coronavirus disruption. The activities have been tailored into four categories for students in Prep to Grade 2; Years 3-4; Years 5-6; and Years 7-9 to allow for age-based learning. The resource has been created by teachers and is linked to the National Curriculum.
8.Khan Academy's mission is to provide free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere.
9.Hello, Wonderful is a simply beautiful place where you can find happy colourful, and FUN ideas for kids. Creative arts, crafts, playful products, and everyday fun.
10.The Artful Parent shares ideas, information, and inspiration to encourage you to enjoy and share art with the kids in your life.
11. British body coach, Joe Wicks, is providing daily 30-minute P.E. lessons for kids during the lockdown. His YouTube channel, The Body Coach, also has great workouts for adults and sessions specifically designed for seniors too.