Writer, photographer, educator, explorer of places new, with a passion for adding fun back into life.
Published May 1st 2014
Life quite often has a way of turning on its head. The future we saw for ourselves evolves into something quite different. Sometimes I wonder if more practice at looking at the world in different ways will prepare us for dealing with the unexpected.
Here is a light-hearted look at crazy ways to turn your life upside down. 1) Try a Yoga pose such as downward dog.
View life from a different horizon. Try a downward dog.
2) Learn how to do a tumbleturn. StateSwim is where I learnt to do tumble turns.
3) Dig for lost items in the sand. Who knows, you may find an antique ring.
'Lost my Keys' by Stephen Oatway Exhibited at the Brighton Jetty Classic Sculptures 2014
4) Summersault or cartwheel across the grass. 5) Read upside down.
'Such is Life: Things you do when you are not surfing' by Gary Barter Exhibited at the Brighton Jetty Classic Sculptures 2014
6) Learn how do a handstand.
7) Enter a physically and mentally challenging event such as True Grit held in Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney and Townsville or The Stampede, run in Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth and Sydney.
Maybe after trying a few of these challenges, you will be better prepared for some of life's more serious curve balls. Or maybe you will come back to the yoga to stretch out those muscles. Happy challenges and changing your horizons!
Hey Jenny! I love it. I have this weird thing about needing to be upside down every now and then. My son and I will just play with handstands (leaning against a wall), but it's pretty much my new year's resolution that by the end of 2015 I will be able to sustain holding myself in a handstand as well.