With the nation still reeling from the Global Financial Crisis and full-time jobs becoming a rarity, this festive season many of us may find ourselves strapped for cash. And it certainly does not help when you have to organise a wonderful Christmas and get gifts for the near and dear ones. But fear not! The following list will open up the horizon for earning some extra cash in this festive season.
1. Run errands Nowadays everyone is constantly on the go. Work, family, gym, yoga, work parties, hanging out with friends, this festive season many people will struggle to squeeze out time to finish their Christmas shopping for family, friends, colleagues and acquaintances. You could offer your service to do some of their shopping or run some errands in exchange for a small commission. You will be surprised as to how many grateful people could take up your offer. Even if you had a full-time job or ceaseless regular commitments with family, you can take advantage of the extended opening hours of the various shopping centres heralding this festive season. Ask around and spread the word, before you know it you could have many takers for your offer.
2. Sell unwanted things on eBay and Gumtree
Need some extra cash? Why not hop onto Gumtree or eBay and put up some advertisement for your unwanted items. Your trash can actually be someone else's treasure. You would be surprised as to what people would pay money for. Furthermore, in this festive season with everyone hurriedly scouring or gifts, you could easily make some cash de-cluttering your house and your life. And the best part is you can launch this money-making strategy from the very comfort of your home. You may need to become a member before you can access the facilities of eBay, Gumtree and similar sites.
3. Knock onto your hidden talent You could be quite gifted in making jewellery out of beads, stones, threads etc or you could be a whiz in making small electronic gadgets or a genius in creating toys from crafts and colours. Whatever you are good at, utilise that skill. Your hobby could lead to a way to score some quick cash this festive season. Numerous places including childcare centres, schools, workplaces, churches, community halls will be holding Christmas parties or Christmas markets where for a small fee you could hold your own stall. For a small investment of fee, time and energy you could make some nifty amount of money. Grape vines, pamphlets and word of mouth are excellent ways to find out about upcoming Christmas parties.
4. Housesit Many people would be embarking on holidays including national and international holidays, in this festive season. You could offer your service to housesit for them and could also look after their pets as they depart for a delicious holiday. They get the peace of mind with the knowledge that their house and pets would be safe with your presence while your bank account will enjoy a boost with the guilt-free cash. Again, networking is the key while sites like gumtree can be a source of valuable information on securing offers to housesit and look after pets.
5. Offer to hang Christmas lights For a small fee you could help someone hang Christmas lights, decorate a Christmas tree or even help with wrapping Christmas gifts. You could ask for $5-$10 for an hour for hanging lights around or inside a house, wrap gifts or drape a Christmas tree with lights. Not only would you make some extra cash but will also get a glow on our face that comes from helping out someone in enjoying great holiday festivity. Spread the word or contact your elderly relatives, you could be in for a treat!