2) Buy a Mauve Binchy book (any, as they're all are great!) Perhaps read the first chapter- while having your foot soak.
3) Paint your toenails a shade of pink.
4) Make a simple and delicious cinnamon rice pudding desert in individual bowls or glasses or cups. Here's the recipe:
three quarters of a cup long grain rice 1 tspn vanilla extract three quarters of a cup sugar 6 cups of milk 2 cups water
Put the milk in a pan on low heat and bring to the boil. In another pan bring the water to the boil, and put rice into boiling water. When the rice is softish (about 10mins and the water has evaporated) pour the hot milk into the rice pan and stir slowly and constantly. Add sugar and vanilla while stirring.
Once the rice-milk is thick, you're done! Ladle into bowls or glasses or pretty tea cups and sprinkle each with cinnamon. Store in the refrigerator – it will last for about a week although you probably would've gobbled it up by that stage! You can also serve it warm immediately, or a bit chilled after about an hour.
5) Go to your local nursery / garden supply store and buy a pretty flowered plant (preferably hanging basket) or lavender in any pot. Get ready to care for it, so also purchase a tin watering can (preferably romantic floral motif painted, or antique look appliquéd). If too hard to find, then buy a plastic watering can or a plain tin one and paint yourself – flowers, butterflies, etc. Admire and nurture every day (your plant, and yourself)!
2) Peel and chop any fruit into bite size pieces. Find some nice tall glasses (even champagne flute or beer glass) and put some fruit in the bottom, then add yogurt on top, then another layer of fruit, followed by yogurt, chopped walnuts and drizzled honey. Voila! A good looking, healthy snack for you and your girlfriend/mate/mum, etc.
3) Visit the video club (or download) the movie An Angel At My Table, a NZ '90's gem.
4) Make a room dark, turn off all noise, lie down and have a cat nap, or imagine a waterfall, outer space, any form of the force of nature.
5) Pop the sports on TV or PC (whatever's your thing – footy, boxing, snooker) and chill with a chilled tall Greek frappe coffee:
This is how to make:
a shaker cup (cocktail shaker will do)
1 tall glass (beer glass will do)
2 tspns instant coffee
1.5 tspns sugar
¼ cup cold water
Shake vigorously (about onw full minute – until frothy). Pour into tall glass, fill rest with more cold water. Add some milk (approx. one or 2 tablespoons to taste).