Living in Sydney and loving experiencing life!
Published July 8th 2013
Weekends can be expensive and often people are looking for ways to earn extra cash. After all, every little bit helps!
The below ideas are not going to turn you into a millionaire or allow you to give up your day job but they will certainly bring in a little extra cash for you to save or spend on the weekends.
1. Think about your skills and what you like doing. Is there a way to combine the two? Some of us are lucky enough to do this in our everyday job but what if there is a way you could combine your favourite past time and making extra cash? If you love cooking cupcakes or cookies bake up some special treats and sell them to friends, or make jewellery and sell this at your local market.
2. Love to shop? Why not get paid to be a mystery shopper? Mystery shopping assignments in Australia offer anywhere from $5.00 to $75.00 per visit. You get to do something you love whilst earning some extra dollars.
3. Everyone has the old clothes that one day they will eventually fit in to or the brand new food processor that one day they will use. You can turn all of this into cash by selling it on Ebay, Gumtree or organising a store at your local markets.
4. Delivering pamphlets or newspapers is a great way to earn some extra pocket money whilst being outdoors and still getting a bit of exercise.
5. There are so many busy animal owners, why not look at offering services such as dog walking, cat sitting or quick pet visits to play with animals? You have to genuinely love animals but it is a fun way of making extra cash, playing with animals and not having the responsibilities that come with being a pet owner.
6. If you live in a busy and desirable area you could always rent out your car parking spot over the weekend.
7. If you have a hobby you are truly passionate about you should contact your local community college and enquire about teaching this hobby to others – there are options to teach a one day classes or a series of classes. The pay is quite good but it is even more rewarding watching students pick up new skills.
8. Online surveys are great to do as you don't have to lose much precious weekend time. The surveys are done online and you can complete them on your laptop anywhere, including your local café whilst enjoying a soy latte or skinny cap.
9. If you are interested in the fitness world, why not pick up a job at your local gym instructing a class or attending to reception? Being in the presence of all those motivated people surely must motivate you to do some exercise too!
10. Finally, how could I miss writing? Writing about your weekends or interest can earn you a little extra cash! Why not write for Weekend Notes? This way you can enjoy your weekend, try out new things and attend different events and then write all about them. Apply here.
It is important that you really think about what your interests are before committing to one of the above and it is best if you can utilise your interest and passions.
There are many ways to bring in some extra cash – good luck with your search.