Sunlight is very important for us, it gives us natural Vitamin D, it feels good when it's not too hot, and it keeps away depression. Here are ten ways you can enjoy the sunlight.
1. Read a book outside
Grab a good book or a magazine and sit outside on a chair and have a read. Wear sunglasses if you can't read the page too well. Reading in the sun is probably one of the most relaxing things you can do.
2. Kick a ball around Kick a football or soccer ball around with your siblings or children for about 20 minutes under the warm sun. Great exercise and it's an excuse to get out and enjoy the sun.
3. Go for a walk A brisk walk in the morning or afternoon is a sure-fire way to get plenty of Vitamin D, boost your immune system and gets you your exercise for the day.
4. Outdoor chores Got a chore that needs doing and can be done outside? Why not do the chore outside instead of indoors. It might be needing to call your gas company, an old friend, or even knitting a jumper. Think to yourself if the chore could be done outside, then do it.
5. Play with your pet If you've got a dog or even a cat, spend sometime with it outside. The dogs will love the attention and go crazy as you throw them a ball or frisbee. Give them lots of affection with big hugs and belly rubs. Then you can both enjoy the sunlight together.
6. Spend the day at the park Alright, perhaps not the whole day, but 1-2 hours playing at the park with kids is a great source of sunlight and its also fun and gets everyone to be energetic. Pack a picnic with you and head on to the park.
7. Sit with a friend outside
If you've got a friend coming over during the day or afternoon, suggest you sit outside and chat rather than cooped up indoors. You'll feel better and much more relaxed.
8. Play a game outside Its much more easier to play games out in the yard than it is inside. You could build obstacle courses for the kids, play birds nest, tag, hide and seek, or you could play imaginary games like schools or doctors.
9. Painting Painting outside is a lot of fun because if you make a mess the paint will just go on the ground. A fun activity to do involving paint is get a really big sheet of paper (you can buy this from a stationary shop) pour paints onto a plate and get the kids to step in the paint and walk across the paper. They can also dip their fingers and do finger painting. Kids love getting messy, so this activity is fun for them. If not, you can pin that large piece of piece onto the fence and the kids can paint a mural. It'll keep you all occupied for a while.
10. Go bike riding
Sunny days are a great chance to hop on your bike and go for a ride. Feel the amazing sunlight on your cheeks as you race around the block.
Always remember to be sun smart and apply sunscreen, wear a hat and sunglasses and a long sleeve shirt (if it's not boiling hot)