Subscribe      List an Event or Business      Invite a Writer      Write for WN      Writers      Other Locations
Home > Melbourne > Comments > Wattle and Loop
Your Reply
Optional Image: (jpg or gif)
Your Email:

Security Image:
opdzwv
Security Text:
copy text from image above
Highlighted
minimum score: order: subscribe:
Hello girls...I,.too, love liberty fabrics - especially Tana Lawn. and all vintage fabrics and embroideries. So - do yourself a favour and go down to Sale in Gippsland. Visit the beautiful art gallery built on the side of the Thomson River= and allow yourself time to really study the work of Annamieke Mein. The gallery has a permanent exhibition of her work... I am 89 y.o. now and *legally blind*... have embroidered all my life....Annamieke Mein blows me away....She *paints* in textiles....SEE IT. and marvel at her skill, talent. and creativity. There are works that will absorb you into them and you find yourself swimming with the diving duck capturing a fish....or a fledgling sitting with its siblings on a bare branch waiting to fly away....her grasp on perspective is awesome,..theres a great cafeteria too. Allow yourself the pleasure of a little trip on the Thomson River gliding slowly and quietly between banks lined with gum trees and bushland magic. Audrey D.
by audre (score: 1|12) 1036 days ago
by Marina Marangos (score: 3), 1036 days ago
Dear Audrey D, Thank you so much for this information. I will certainly look into it, and perhaps even seek her out. I hope you listen to 4RPH which is a Reading Radio Station. kind regards Marina