I am a kiwi enjoying the sunshine & activities on the Gold Coast.
Published October 25th 2011
We are now in the season of spring, heading towards summer and the inevitable concerns of our beach-ready bodies. I would like to share a very simple, delicious and low calorie dinner idea for the nights of spring.
1 onion 2 peeled potatoes 2 peeled carrots 4 medium zucchini 1 can of sweet corn kernels Salt & Pepper
1 & ½ cups of breadcrumbs 3 eggs Your choice of mixed dry or fresh herbs
1. Finely chop the onion and place in a large mixing bowl
2. Grate the potatoes, carrots and zucchinis and place in the same bowl
3. Add the corn, salt, pepper, herbs, eggs and breadcrumbs
4. Mix well with your hands - it is the only way. You may need to add more breadcrumbs or an egg. This is your judgement, the mixture just needs to stick together to form the patties
5. Grab half a handful of the mixture and mould into a fritter shape
6. Fry in a pan, flattening each fritter slightly with a spatula, until golden brown on each side.
I like to serve mine with a sweet chilli sauce and a garden salad (as pictured).
I can usually make 10-12 fritters with the mixture which feeds 4 people.
You can make the mixture ahead of time (no longer than a couple of hours), place a damp paper towel over the bowl and then refrigerate until you are ready.