A retired business owner, my passions are cooking, photography and eating. I use all three of these when I write for recipeyum.com.au which is on HubGarden
Published December 14th 2018
Don't miss out on these interesting events
Vegan events are becoming more and more popular around Melbourne and even if you are not vegan, many of these events are well worth attending.
Vegan food can be extremely tasty and this is a list of many events on around Melbourne for December 2018 and January 2019.
1. BIG VEGAN ATHEIST FESTIVE BANQUET When Sunday, 23 December Time 6.30 pm to 10.00 pm Where Handsome Her, 206 Sydney Rd, Brunswick Cost $65 to $85 - book here More information here
This will be a vegan festive banquet to celebrate the year's end. You will have an amazing culinary experience with some traditional Christmas favourites, along with some twists. Tables of 4 or more will receive a complimentary bottle of delicious vegan wine (red, white or sparkling).
3. VEGAN NIGHT AT HELLENIC REPUBLIC When 8th January and 5th February - first Tuesday of every month Time From 5.30 pm Where 434 Lygon Street, Brunswick East Cost $55 - pay on the night - bookings phone 03 9207 7477 More information here
This restaurant will celebrate seasonal plant-based food, and once a month, they will share a beautiful plant-based meal with a 12-dish sharing banquet. The menu changes monthly and celebrates the benefits of a Mediterranean diet with dishes from savoury to sweet.
4. BALLARAT VEGAN FESTIVAL When 10th to 13th January Time TBA Where Ballarat
Amongst other things, there will be a variety of delicious food stalls attending at the 2019 upcoming BVF market! This will be on for two days and more information closer to the date will be available here.
5. 7-DAY VEGAN INTENSIVE COOKERY COURSE When Saturday 12th to Friday 18th January Time From 10 am Where Erasmus School, 40 Lisson Grove, Hawthorn Cost Cost is from $850 and you can book here. More information here
The 7-day vegan intensive is a course designed to teach you as much as possible about the foundations of fabulous vegan cookery in the shortest amount of time. It features 50 hours of hands-on cooking as well as theory and it will cover soups, salads, finger foods, main courses, grain dishes, desserts, fermentation, raw food and presentation.
You will also receive an apron, recipe book and an extra ticket to the grand finale dinner. You can reserve your place in the course with a $100 deposit and the chef will be Alan Whykes, who is a certified Vegan Fusion Level II trainer.
8. ST KILDA VEGAN FOOD TOUR When 11th, 18th and 25th January Time From 2 pm to 5 pm Where St Kilda Cost From $99 - book and more information here
This will be three full meals and drinks with tasty food choices which may include vegan pancakes, tasty soul food, Mexican and plant-based ice cream. You will learn more about some of Melbourne's most renowned vegan businesses in these maximum 10 people tours.
9. THAI COOKING MASTERCLASS When 19th January Time 10 am to 12 noon Where BangPop, 35 South Wharf Promenade, South Wharf Cost $89 - book and more information here
Melbourne's Thai restaurant, Bangpop is offering the chance to take a masterclass with their head chef to learn the secrets to two classic Thai dishes. You will learn to make Pad Thai and a green papaya salad.
10. VEGAN ITALIAN COOKING CLASS When 19th January Time 12.30 pm to 4 pm Where London & American Supply Stores, 483-485 Elizabeth St, Melbourne Cost $150 - request tickets and more information here or book on 03 9329 7181
This class will be taken by chef Nadia Fragnito and Nadia will teach you how to make classic Italian dishes including tiramisu and a pasta.
Nadia has appeared on SBS reality TV cooking show The Chefs' Line, ABC Radio, 3AW, and in The Australian Vegan Magazine, Vegan Lifestyle Magazine and Vegan Travel.
Don't hesitate - book now as places are limited in most of these events.