• Gala dinners
• Golf Days
• Quiz nights
• Community fundraising events (such as City-Bay Fun Run)
• School/workplace casual or theme days
• Wine-tasting events
• Coin collection at events or shopping centres
Planning for next year? Book a table of ten at the 2016 Theme Ball and $800 will be contributed to your bike's account. This year's Theme Ball was the biggest yet raising $290000 and attended by 2017 guests. Katy Perry attended with a host of brides, grooms, bridesmaids, Elvises, priests and even wedding toast, who all enjoyed the Wedding Themed Ball.
• Wednesday 7 October 6.00pm at the Variety Office - Entrant and Official Briefing Night
• Thursday 15 – Sunday 18 October 2015 - V2 Motorcycle Run
• Friday 6 November 2015 – Event Reunion - Venue to be advised
• Variety's Freedom Program assists children with mobility and communication. Through improving these skills they gain their freedom, independence and the chance to join in with peers in their community.
• Variety Future Kids Program enhances children's learning through the provision of musical and sporting equipment, technology, therapy and scholarships.
• Variety Caring for Kids Program provides medical equipment to individuals, hospitals and organisations to support children's health.
History of Variety
Variety first came to Australia in 1975, when Lord Mountbatten asked Paul Hogan to be the first 'Chief Barker' or Chairperson. Variety had it's beginnings in Pittsburgh, USA, where a group of theatre owners and showmen met to play cards in the 'Variety Club'. They heard an abandoned baby whimpering in the theatre and took on her care. Raising funds for Catherine Variety Sheridan, became the inspiration to raise money to help other children in need. Variety now has 80 branches in 14 countries. The Charity has kept its thespian tradition alive with the use of theatrical terminology. Their branches are called Tents and Chairmen are known as Chief Barkers.
Help Variety celebrate 40 years of helping kids be kids! Sign up for the V2 Motorcycle Run and make a difference in a child's life today.
All images by Variety.