A freelance writer living in Perth, WA. My blog is coming soon. Watch this space!
Show someone you love them
Remember the old saying - 'It's the thought that counts'? Well, this is true when it comes to Valentine's Day. Choosing a gift for the love of your life can be difficult, but it's not how much you spend that is important, it's the thought you put into it that counts.
1. Make Your Own Card. Make a card yourself and personalise it. This shows you care about the person enough to spend time making a card and putting the effort in. The card doesn't have to be a great work of art, just put your heart into it. If you need inspiration there are loads of easy card ideas on the internet.
2. Write a love letter. Hand written letters are very rare these days so write your love a surprise letter and post it to them or leave it somewhere you know they will find it.
3. An Evening at Home. Have a romantic evening at home and make a special Valentine's Day dinner. It doesn't have to be expensive or exotic just a nice romantic meal for two.
4. Mouth-Watering Treats. If you don't think you can manage to make a whole meal try some yummy treats like choc-dipped strawberries, heart shaped cookies or a delicious cake.
5. Special Outing. Take your Valentine on a trip to somewhere that is special to you both. Perhaps the place you first met, or the place you went to on your first date. Visit some places that have special meaning and that you both like.
6. Photo Album. Don't leave all those old photos, forgotten in a drawer. Sort them out and put them in a nice photo album or scrap book, organise them into a time-line and make it your story.
7. Sunset Supper. Head down to the beach on Valentine's Day and watch the sunset. Take a long romantic walk along the beach. You could pack a picnic or pick up something for supper, like fish and chips, and dine on the beach.
8. Unforgettable Moments. Share some special, truly memorable memories. Try something simple like making breakfast in bed, sitting on the verandah and watching the star-lit night, snuggling up and watching a favourite romantic movie, or getting lovey dovey over a glass of wine and some of your favourite music.