For years, nail polish has been an integral part of women's beauty regime. Nail polish beautifies our fingers and brightens up any dull outfit. But nail polish has many other unusual and amazing uses. Read on to find out more.
1. Colour Code your keys If you have a bunch of keys that all look alike then a dollop of different-coloured nail polish on each of your keys will resolve all issues. You will never mix up your keys again.
2. Seal an envelope Nail polish can be a great aid in sealing envelopes if you have run out of glue. But remember to use only clear nail polish!
3. Make needle threading easier Needle threading can be quite daunting. Dip one end of the frayed thread in clear nail polish and let it dry. This procedure will significantly diminish the challenge of putting the thread through the eye of the needle.
4. Make jewellery tarnish-proof Fake or cheap jewellery lose their lustre quickly. Retain the sheen of your lovely jewellery by applying a thin layer of clear nail-polish on the jewellery and insuring them against tarnish marks.
5. Make your remote control buttons glow Often we tend to fumble through the entire remote control for the desired button and eventually end up clicking the wrong button. Say goodbye to all these problems by lightly painting some of the more frequently used buttons with glow-in-the-dark nail polish. You will never click on the wrong button again.
6. Smoothing hangers Rough, wooden and plastic hangers can have sharp surfaces which can be a source of displeasure when they scratch and cut you. Get rid of this issue by painting the sharp surfaces with clear nail polish and watch them transform into smooth surfaces.
7. Mend pantyhose If you encounter one of the most common issues with pantyhose i.e. a teeny weeny hole appearing out of the blue, then dash for your clear nail polish and apply some over the tiny hole. The nail polish will prevent the tear from getting bigger while offering you time to find new pantyhose.
8. Cover car scratches Minor scratches on cars can be easily dealt with by painting them over with the same shade as the vehicle. Your car will soon regain its flawless beauty and wonderful sheen.
9. Waterproof matches Camping is great fun but a light less, cold camping night is no fun. Ensure that your matches won't let you down in a camping trip, by dipping the flammable side in clear nail polish and then watch them work even when the matchsticks are damp.
10. Repair cracked spectacles temporarily If you have accidentally cracked your glasses and cannot rush to the optometrist immediately, then raid your makeup kit for a bottle of clear nail polish. Applying clear nail polish on the cracked glasses will hold them long enough for you to acquire a new pair of glasses.
Would you like to share any tips on unusual uses for nail polish? Then feel free to leave a comment below.
Great tips! I use a small amount of clear nail polish on any tiny holes that appear on delicate fabric or stitching that starts to come undone. This stops it getting worse and can go in the washing machine once dry.
Touch up paint chips on whitegoods - eg white fridges, washing machines, stoves, tumble clothes dryers etc and even white polyurethane vanities, cupboards etc with a careful dab of white nail polish. Check the shade of white first and test on a hidden area of the object to be repaired to make sure the nail polish is the same degree of whiteness/creamness.