What springs to mind when you think 'ketchup'? The mind grapples with a range of mouth-watering images of burgers, fries, dim sims or just any kind of fried snacks. But ketchup has many other versatile uses. Read on to find out more.
1. If you use copper utensils and constantly find yourself cursing crudely while trying to remove the stains then you will be delighted to hear that ketchup can do wonders in removing the filth. Just massage some ketchup onto the copper and watch the acid in the ketchup dissolve the tarnish away. However, if the stain is appearing quite stubborn then mix in a dash of table salt into the ketchup to boost its cleansing powers. Your copper pots and pans will start gleaming like new.
2. Ketchup makes excellent fake blood which can add quite a bit of entertainment to plays, shows and practical jokes. Of course do exercise caution and apply common sense when employing the idea of passing ketchup as blood in pranks.
3. Paint happy faces on plates and canvas with ketchup. This will certainly add a smile to anyone's face.
4. If your little ones like to delve into some creative action by using paint but run the risk of eating the paints then equip them with ketchup. The edible ketchup will not pose any health risk and your kids can unleash their creativity by using a brush or bare hands to draw anything and everything with ketchup.
Image by Godhay via Flickr
5. You can clean tarnished silver jewellery with ketchup. Use an old toothbrush to scrub silver jewellery with some ketchup and rinse off before drying off. Be mindful that ketchup is not left on the jewellery for long, in order to avoid damaging the silver.
6. Stash some ketchup sachets in the freezer. If your little one suffers a minor injury then place the frozen ketchup sachets on the injured area. The cold is soothing and the idea of pressing ketchup sachets against the injured area will swiftly distract the little one and may even succeed in cheering him/her up.
Do you have any funky or interesting tip for an alternative use of ketchup? Feel free to share your pearls of wisdom with our avid readers.