Honey is said to be the only food in this world that never goes off. It is said that honey discovered in the Egyptian tombs can still be readily consumed. But honey has many other properties and usages that will leave you awed and inspired.
1. Soothes sore throat Take a teaspoon of honey and chew on it slowly. As the honey will trickle down your sore throat, its anti-bacterial effect will annihilate the germs and make you feel better in no time. For additional benefits, squeeze out juice from a lemon and mix it with some honey, then swallow the mixture slowly. Honey is also a miracle worker for colds and flu.
2. Cleanses skin
Mix a dollop of honey with tablespoons of warm water and massage the mixture into your skin. Honey is a natural humectant with antimicrobial properties and therefore, is great for giving you the radiance you want.
3. Substitute for sugar If you like to indulge in the guilty pleasure of the sweet chai (milk tea) or sweet coffee with extra sugar then this is for you. Substitute the sugar with one or two teaspoons of honey. Its natural sweetness has all the goodness minus all the nasty effects of sugar.
4. Removes hangover If a hangover is killing you then spread some honey on your toast or add honey to your tea, the high level of fructose in honey will accelerate the metabolism of alcohol and get rid of the hangover.
5. Boosts energy level Feeling drained? Add a tablespoon of honey to a cup of tea and savour it slowly. The magical effect of honey will pick you up immediately. Swap that energy drink or mug of coffee with a teaspoon of honey.
6. Makes hair beautiful Mix one teaspoon of honey with one litre of water and pour the mixture over your hair after washing your hair with shampoo. Let the hair dry and make friends envious with the opulent hair.
7. Relaxes in the tub Add a few tablespoons of honey to your bath. Relish the sweet-smelling and softer-feeling water lovingly kissing your body and soul. Enjoy!
8. Aids in weight loss Honey is an excellent substitute for sugar so satisfy your sweet tooth with dollops of honey. Honey speeds up metabolism therefore contributing to weight loss.
9. Acts as a lip balm
Apply a dollop of honey on your lips. Easy and cheap lip balm, right in your pantry!
10. Helps in sleeping
Get a well-deserved good night's sleep by consuming honey either by itself or in tea. Honey is a natural sleep remedy and will put you to sleep in no time.
11. Boosts immune system
The antibacterial attributes of honey will boost your immune system and help your body to fight bacteria more effectively.
12. Kills germs
Honey is very effective in killing germs and bacteria. So next time you get a cut try putting some honey on the wound and bandaging it.
13. Softens dry elbows
Dry elbows are down-right annoying with their dry texture and itchy feeling. Rub a teaspoon of honey on your dry elbows and wash off after 30 minutes. Revel in the lovely feeling of having delightful, soft skin.
Final word: Remember everything is good in moderation and organic honey is better than the normal honey you get in the supermarkets.