Since its invention, Coca-Cola has wooed many a heart with its refreshing and delightful properties. However, satiating your thirst is not the only thing Coke is capable of doing. Coke can be put to many other unusual and unique uses. Read on to find out more.
1. Coke can do wonders in removing rust. Just soak a piece of fabric, a sponge or aluminium foil in Coke and then scrub away the rust. Better result can be obtained by soaking rusted material in Coke overnight and scrubbing it off the next morning.
2. Remove blood stains from clothing and fabric by soaking in Coke and then washing off.
3. Get rid of oil stains on a garage floor by letting the stain soak in Coke and then washing away.
4. Clean burnt pots and pans by letting the utensil soak in Coke and then rinsing off. Another effective method is to pour Coke into the blackened pot and put it on the stove on a low heat. After one hour or so, wash the pot as usual. Coke will remove the grime and deliver clean and shiny pots.
5. Coke also has medicinal usages. You can neutralise a jellyfish sting with coke. Just pour Coke over the stung area and feel the relief. Hope you will remember this tip if you ever actually get stung.
6. Coke can balance the pH levels in your stomach therefore, temporarily relieving indigestion, heart-burn and other stomach-related pain. Coke also helps in alleviating nausea.
7. An excellent aid in loosening bolts, Coke can be poured over tight bolts. Over an hour or so Coke will loosen the bolts that have rusted into a position that makes them almost impossible to remove.
8. Turn your old and lack-lustre coins into brand new coins by soaking them in a glass of Coke. Coke will eradicate the rust and release the shine.
9. Removing gum from hair can be an awful hassle. But fear not if you have a bottle of Coke handy. Dip a paper towel into a small bowl of Coke and leave it on the gum-covered hair for a few minutes. The gum will wipe off soon.
10. Clean your toilet by pouring Coke around the bowl, leaving it on for a while then flush and clean. Squeaky clean toilet at a very cheap price.
11. Make Coke your newest friend in the kitchen. Sprinkle a can of Coke on your pot roast to make it tender. The meat will not only be softer but will be infused with a delectable flavour.
12. Coke can be used to make an excellent marinade, by blending Coke with barbeque sauce and then soaking the meat in the marinade. The sugar in Coke will lend the meat a deep, glossy coating while the citric acid in Coke will add a nice tang to the dish. Coke also adds a great glaze to baked ham.
Coke is safe for those who have to be peg fed (tubes) by clearing their tubes when they become blocked with food formulas. Supplies of coke are kept on hand in hospitals and care facilities for this purpose.