Beer, the oldest and the most popular alcoholic beverage in the world, refreshes and relaxes the body, heart and soul. But apart from quenching thirst, beer has many other surprising uses. Read on and discover some highly unusual uses for beer.
1. Cure an upset stomach Beer can actually be a good aid in soothing a tummy ache. Carbonation in beer can ease nasty tummy rubbles and render relief. Beer also has an anaesthetic effect which can assuage the pain. This remedy is by no means recommended for children or people with serious stomach illness.
2. Make a tantalising marinade Use the beer to make a lovely marinade. A good beer will not only make the meat tender but also infuse it with a distinctive flavour which will earn you heartfelt thanks from your tastebuds.
3. Soak in it Next time you fill up your bathtub, add a can of dark beer to the water. Hop in and soak in the water and revel in a luxurious bath.
4. Make ordinary rice extra special Cook some extra special rice with beer. Choose a beer that has a lot of flavour. Cooking in beer will introduce an exquisite flavour into the rice while lending the rice a wonderful brown hue. Dig in and enjoy.
5. Make your furniture new Beer makes an amazing wood polish. If you have some leftover beer from a party then use that flat beer to return the shine of your wooden furniture. Soak a microfibre cloth in the flat beer and rub the dull wooden furniture gently with the cloth. Stand back and enjoy the sheen.
6. Revitalise gold jewellery Gather your fading gold jewellery and drop them into a dish of beer and let them soak for a few hours. Later, polish the jewellery with a dry cloth and gloat at the renewed beauty of your beloved gold jewellery.
7. Soak your feet After a long, hard day at work, home or school, sit down and give your exhausted feet a beer foot-bath. Feel the invigoration spread through your feet and rising up your body. Both your feet and your spirit will be revived.
8. Soothe a chilli burn If that Mexican dish proved to be way too hot for your tastebuds or that chilli, despite its tiny stature, has set your mouth on fire then fear not. Reach out for a glass beer and receive immediate relief as the beer cools the burn.
9. Strike up a conversation Beer has always been and will continue to be an excellent conversation starter. Grab a glass of beer and turn to the attractive person next to you in a bar, pub or party and commence a delightful conversation with the stranger.
There are many other uses of beer including making delicious beer-battered fish. Explore and experience the very many diverse uses of beer. Cheers.