I love travelling, discovering hidden gems & food. Experience the journey on Instragram! @gypsy_compass.
Owner of www.justplattersbyrose.com.au do check it out for grazing platters and more :)
Published March 7th 2017
Experience these unusual accommodations
At times, accommodation can be one of the highlights of a trip. And the list below includes eight different unique and very unusual accommodation experiences, from a double decker London bus to adults-only romantic treehouse accommodation.
1. Be intrigued with the underground world Sleep underground at the White Cliffs Underground Motel as you visit the desert environment which is home to the rare black opal! You will find mining hillocks that create a moon-like landscape. The entire town of White Cliffs live in underground dwellings called dugouts to escape the heat. Join the locals and experience a night underground in a "dugout".
The rooms are 22 degrees Celsius all year round. If you are afraid of the dark then you better skip on this as you will be sleeping in complete darkness, so dark that you cannot see your hand in front of your face as soon as the light is switched off!
Sleep underground at the White Cliffs Underground Motel- Image Courtesy from White Cliffs Underground Motel Faceook
2. Camp Native American style! Yes, you read right- sleep in an American bison farm in a Native American style tepee. The large tepees can fit up to 12 people camping out together. The ranch is not just home to bison, but also an abundance of native bird and wildlife. Enjoy evening nature walks or relax by campfire. Click here for the website.
Sleep how the Native American Indians used to at these adventure park- Image Courtesy from Aranyani Bison Adventure Tourist Park Facebook
3. Sleep in a Double Decker Bus! Overlooking the picturesque valley near Bathurst, the 1949 red double decker London bus has been converted into a unique and unusual accommodation which sleeps four people. The deck features stunning valley views and a wood fire heater. Click here for the website.
Stay the night inside a double decker bus! - Image Courtesy from Artisans Park Facebook
4. A Romantic Treehouse Escape This adults-only treehouse is high up in the canopy in the breathtaking Blue Mountains and features wall-to-wall windows, so you do not miss out on any spectacular views. It is perched on timber stilts and includes a romantic spa and wood fire. Click here for the website.
The ultimate lovers treehouse escape- Image Courtesy from Wollemi Wilderness Cabins Facebook...
5. An African Safari Escape Dubbo is home to the Taronga Western Plains Zoo, as well as home to the African Safari escape. Sleep in luxury with safari tents on the edge of the African savannah. There is a private deck so you can enjoy giraffes, zebras and elands as they roam around you. Click here for the website.
Wake up to wildlife with the Zoofari Lodge- Image Courtesy from Taronga Western Plains Zoo Facebook
6. Caveman Style! Nestled in the picturesque Blue Mountains are two amazing caves to sleep in; the Enchanted Cave and Hat Cave. As you enter behind, the small wooden door at the top of the cliff you see the Enchanted Cave which offers a luxurious cave featuring spectacular views, spa and wood fire.
The Hat Cave is set amidst towering escarpments and features huge sandstone cathedrals, sculptured by nature. The cave is perfect for large groups camping and features campfire, solar powered lights, rainwater tap and compositing toilet. Click here for the website.
Be enchanted with this accommodation... Image Courtesy from Enchanted Cave Resort Facebook
7. Sleep in a Lighthouse Keeper's Cottage Montague Island is home to the Montague Island Head Lighthouse Keeper's Cottage. This accommodation gives you a glimpse inside the life of what would have been for a lighthouse keeper. There are two heritage cottages to choose from. The only access to Montague Island is by boat from the breathtaking Narooma town. Click here for the website.
Sleep at a Lighthouse Cottage at Montegue Island- Image Courtesy from NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service Facebook
8. A Cultural Experience Inspired by the traditional Mongolian yurt, this romantic luxurious couples-only experience is on the Murray River and is certainly something completely unique. The yurt features canvas walls lined with Australian wood, to the domed skylight to allow stargazing from your bed and the private outdoor spa! Click here for the website.
Sleep in a traditional Mongolian yurt! Image Courtesy from Moama on Murray Resort Facebook