Subscribe      List an Event or Business      Invite a Writer      Write for WN      Writers      Other Locations
list an event      1 million Australian readers every month      facebook

T W O by Austinmer Dance Theatre

Home > Adelaide > Art | Dancing
by Samantha Rose (subscribe)
I'm a self-confessed food and coffee snob who loves exploring, new adventures and finding hidden gems. Follow my food obsession on instagram: Motiveater or via my website www.motiveater.com
Event: -
It is said that only 20% of human connection is made verbally whereas the other 80% is formed through non-verbal communication. Dance is a fantastic illustration of this, and the Austinmer Dance Theatre only further reinforce this fact throughout their performance.

The Austinmer Dance Theatre, which was established in 2011, was created to bridge the gap between full-time dance training, tertiary education and professional dance careers. This year, Artistic Director, Michelle Forte and members of the theatre brought their show from New South Wales to the Adelaide Fringe Festival for their production T W O.

T W O, created by international choreographers Sagi Gross (GrossDanceCompany-Amsterdam) & Maurice Causey, is brought to the stage by young dancers between the ages of 17-25. The contemporary dance is broken into two pieces: Corners and Seeing the Light.



The dancers create an intense atmosphere as two different scenarios are portrayed through beautiful and flawless movements. Both performances captivated the audience, bringing two very real concepts into fruition and immersing them in raw emotion.The juxtaposition of sound and silence further emphasised the heightened state of feeling.

All dancers and directors must be commended for delivering such a wonderful show to the Adelaide Fringe Festival. It is clear there is not only extensive dedication but true skill involved in the performance. Each dancer had not only fantastic physical prowess but also brought their personalities to the stage.

Featuring Adrain Stoll, Carien McKerrell, Carina Serray, Chloe Carrett, Demi Martin, Jack Tuckerman, Madi High, Maddy Backen, Michaela Neto, Rhiannon Davies, Kate Moore and Saraphina Irvin.
Help us improve  Click here if you liked this article  11
*Samantha Rose was invited as a guest
Share: email  facebook  twitter
Why? For a unique contemporary dance experience
When: March 11th-19th
Where: Carklew House
Your Comment
Articles from other cities
Featured
Foodi Photoh Classie
Top Events
Popular Articles
Categories
Lists
Questions