Subscribe      List an Event or Business      Invite a Writer      Write for WN      Writers      Other Locations
Home > Melbourne > Comments > Travel Writing Course at Abbotsford Convent
Your Reply
Optional Image: (jpg or gif)
Your Email:

Security Image:
nplbcx
Security Text:
copy text from image above
Highlighted
minimum score: order: subscribe:
On a scale of 1-10, how useful did you find the course? And did you do a weekend course or the online course? Just trying to work out if it's worth the $300+ or whether I'll just be learning the same things you might read about in a travel writing book and/or blog?
by Rafah (score: 1|51) 3605 days ago
by Michelle Coates (score: 2), 3605 days ago
The writers' course was a definite 10, which is why I was inspired to write about my positive experience. As a mum, I wanted to maximise my time and money also. I went on the weekend course so I could enjoy the Abbotsford Convent and Lentil As Anything for two whole days. The course time was packed from start to finish and I felt I was getting Sue's view of professional writing from many years of experience. I could have read a book, but I wanted to ensure I presented as professionally as possible within my own industry. That process is assisted by mentoring after completion of the course. Sue answered our questions respectfully and thoroughly on both days. Meeting other writers in such a creative atmosphere was also a worthwhile part of the course. I'm happy to answer any questions for you: the centre was very helpful before I made my decision.