Being a Youtube addict for makeup tutorials, I have been watching so many videos almost everyday that I'm running out of videos to watch and await for new ones to be uploaded anxiously. There is so much talent out there so it's quite hard to narrow it down but here is my top 10 Youtube channels to watch for makeup related videos. I based this on the level of expertise, the content of the video, the quality of the video, the entertainment aspect and also personality of the Youtuber. I am Australian, and this is an Australian website, so I do favour Australians more than others because they would discuss more on Australian products, or products that are available in Australia.
1. Lisa Eldridge: Although she's not Australian, and based in the UK, she's my ultimate makeup artist. She's the best of the best. She does celebrities on the red carpet, runways, magazine covers and is employed by Chanel. She's done makeup for Kate Winslet, Keira Knightley, and Cara Delevigne just to mention a few. She doesn't have hundreds and hundreds of videos, but they cover all you need to know about techniques. Her videos are available on Youtube, as well as her own website.
2. Wayne Goss: He is another of my favourite. He has the best videos on tips and techniques on anything and everything makeup and is also funny and entertaining. His videos are filmed in HD so you can see everything to the minute detail. He's also launched his own makeup brushes in September 2013.
3. Chloe Morello: Originally from Canberra, she's my favourite Australian makeup artist. She's so dedicated to her channel and is so talented in what she does. Her tutorials are very varied, on trend, and sometimes daring. Chloe is also partners with L'Oreal.
4. Lauren Curtis: I love this girl – she is so cute and from Sydney! Her tutorials are really helpful and she does a lot of everyday looks that are wearable. Both Chloe and Lauren focus on Australian products, use a lot of drug store brands and they are actually friends!
Michelle Phan by Gage Skidmore
5. Michelle Phan: What's makeup article without mentioning her? She now has nearly 7 million followers on Youtube. Her videos are not just tutorials, they're like mini-movies – very entertaining to watch as well as useful. She also has her own makeup line with L'Oreal called EM (the reverse of me) which started mid 2013 in America. I'm sure it will come to Australia in the near future.
6. Pixiwoo: This is a duo of Nic and Sam, who are sisters in the UK. They are one of the best makeup artists with so much knowledge about the industry. They do all sorts of tutorials, including basics, celebrities, and also Halloween/costume where you can see how professional they are. They also have a free magazine called TWO that you can subscribe to.
7. Tanya Burr: This beauty fashionista is the It girl in the UK. Her tutorials are cute, funny and she has great tips. She's very successful and has just launched her own nails and lips line January this year. I'm sure we'll see much more of her to come.
8. Makeup Geek: Marlena is the founder and CEO of Makeup Geek. It started out just on Youtube and now has a website and is its own makeup brand and online store. Her tutorials are so easy to follow and the quality of her brand is top-notch.
9. Sharon Farrell: She's an Irish girl living in Sydney and I love her accent! She's new to Youtube compared to others but she has an immense knowledge, advice and technique about makeup. I love her tutorials, especially when she finds drug store brands of certain products that are comparable to high-end products.
10. Karima McKimmie: Also new to Youtube and also in Australia, this girl offers a different perspective to makeup. She's very unique and gives off a very special vibe. She's got her own makeup style that's clean and minimal and tends to use more high-end makeup.
I would love to mention a few more names but there are too many! If you're interested in learning about makeup then you need to watch all of these people and more but if you only have time for one channel – then pick Lisa Eldridge (she's my number 1).