I love travelling, discovering hidden gems & food. Experience the journey on Instragram! @gypsy_compass.
Owner of www.justplattersbyrose.com.au do check it out for grazing platters and more :)
Published July 30th 2016
Rolling down the river
A trip to Brisbane will not be complete without seeing the meandering river that winds through Brisbane city. It is filled with history and is the lifeblood of the city, the list below includes Top 5 Ways to enjoy this mighty River:
1. Cruise on a CityCat This is one of the many ways to explore this historical river as you stroll down the river with the CityCat catamaran. It travels pass city skylines, luscious gardens, grand houses, iconic buildings and underneath several of Brisbane's 15 major bridges. Click here for the website.
2. Soak up South Bank This prime location of Brisbane is one of the best ways to enjoy Brisbane River with 17 hectares of parkland, there are plenty of spaces to relax and unwind as you admire the river. Click here for the website.
3. Dine by the river One of the best ways to appreciate the Brisbane River is with great views and great food and wine! There are plenty of riverside restaurants to choose from including Award-winning Aqualinea to upscale experience at Black Bird Bar & Grill, there is something for everyone's taste and budgets. Click here for the website.
4. Climb Story Bridge Be intrigued with the glistering Brisbane River and city skyscrapers from 72 metres high on the iconic 76-year-old Story Bridge. This climb is for all fitness levels and includes experienced guides as you take the journey that showcases the history of the bridge and fascinating facts about Brisbane. Click here for the website.
5. Power your own vessel One of the best ways to experience and explore Brisbane River is by getting right up and personal by kayak, paddle board or hiring a boat. Explore the waters as you pass under Story Bridge, South Bank, the Botanic Gardens, mangroves, the city itself and much more. There are guided and self-guided tours.