It's that time of year again, you know the one....spring cleaning time. Some look forward to spring cleaning and then there are some that do not. However, to make this year's spring cleaning a little more interesting and maybe just a bit easier, I have came up with a few solutions that just may do the trick.
Do you feel stuck every year cleaning the house, going through all those things you have stored away or hidden for years?
1. Why not invite a friend or two over to help you go through all the stored up stuff you have? This can be a fun event if you plan it right. Get out the coffee, tea, put on some light beat music and everyone pick a box. Turn it into a treasure hunt, and have fun doing what needs to be done.
2. Start off with the biggest boxes first, the reason for that is, if you get through the big boxes quickly the rest will seem like a minute and it will all get finished.
3. Make a place for all the items you don't want any longer, these can be for sale items. As I have heard the expression, "one man's junk is another man's treasure", plus you are making some pocket cash just by doing your cleaning. So, it is a win win situation.
4. Now that all the boxes and stored stuff have been searched and you know what you are keeping, sit back in a chair, have a coffee or an ice water and then discuss where you are going to place each item in your home. "WHAT?" You don't know where you are going to put it? Sounds like time to move some things around in the house. But wait, first we have a few other things to do...
5. Now, you have had your break, it's time to get back to work. I always pick the easiest room in my house to start with, ending with the hardest. The reason I do this after going through all my possessions is, as I clean the easiest room I can incorporate unused items where I want them. But first, I have to have a mental picture of where I see the items looking good.
6. Continue cleaning each room, swapping something that may be broken, or just not fitting in with the decor you are looking for. Visualize the whole picture for each room. If you are uncertain, you have your friends over to help you so ask their opinions. If you don't like the way it looks you can always change it.
7. OK, you should have at least three rooms finished by now, so take another snack break with the ladies. To kick up your feet and then think about the major rooms of your home. These are your kitchen and your lounge room. Hmm, what to do with all this stuff? The best motto is, if you do NOT use it then lose it. There is NO need to continue to hang on to things that you do NOT use just because you thought you would use it when you bought it.
8. Donate items to others whomay need something you don't use. Help out where possible and that will lighten someone else's day.
9. Now, we are down to the elbow grease of cleaning. Because this is spring cleaning, that usually means you are going to have to move the furniture to get to all those little places that have stayed hidden for a long time. Team up for the furniture moving, i.e. if you are moving the lounge, two of you move it instead of one person. This will keep you from straining muscles or causing injury.
10. For the elbow grease cleaning time, I use a versatile cleaner that is NOT harmful to people or animals. It is called Awesome, and you can pick it up at any cheap store. It is versatile simply because you CAN clean everything with it. There are over 144 uses for this cleaner and it is safe and has no harsh chemical smell.
This cleaner cuts through stains, grease, smoke, pet stains, baby stains and the list keep going. So, if you haven't tried it yet, try it today.
11. Goodness, the house is now clean, deodorized, redecorated, and organized. But WAIT, what about all those give away or garage sale items? Easily fixed. Bag clothing by size i.e. if it is a size 12 then put all size 12 clothing in one bag and continue on with each size.
12. Use left over boxes for breakable items that are going to be sold or given away. This will keep them in good condition.
13. Make a place in your garage for these items. If you choose to have a sale, then start making posters and list the sale on your Facebook page. Networking is the best when you are trying to get rid of unwanted items. Set the sale up a week or two in advance because this gives people time to be able to get to your sale.
14. Remember these unwanted items are another man's treasure. Have fun with it, you are not going to use it and you don't want it, so make deals with people.
15. Sit back and relax in your very clean, like new surroundings.
Have fun everyone!!! I enjoyed spring cleaning this year. I am now in the process of redecorating my master bedroom...yay! The hubby is even helping me with decorating and cleaning. It's amazing how he brings the spice to the picture I see for our home.
Yes, ladies that is your cue to get your hubby involved in the decorating. They know what they like just as much as you do.