A freelance writer living in Perth, WA. My blog is coming soon. Watch this space!
Published January 26th 2013
A fun day out for the whole family
Hillarys Boat Harbour, located just twenty minutes North-West of Perth, is a hugely popular destination for tourists and day-trippers. Primarily a Marina, Hillarys Boat Harbour offers shops, restaurants, cafes, bars and many more activities and attractions.
1. Shop. There are plenty of shops at Hillarys Boat Harbour including gift stores, fashion, souvenirs, surf stores, sweets and lollies, hair and beauty, art, food and much, much more.
2. Eat. Hillarys Boat Harbour has a wide selection of restaurants, cafes and bars to choose from. You can enjoy formal dining, go casual or grab a take-away.
3. Fun for Kids. There are lots of fun activities and attractions for the kids at Hillarys Boat Harbour, such as - waterslides, trampolines, minigolf, circus rides, videogames, swimming, a playground and much more. Try Leisure Zone or The Great Escape or the Naturalist Marine Discovery Centre for a jam packed day of fun for the whole family.
4. Visit AQWA. Opened in the early 90's, and known at Underwater World, AQWA is a great place to take an underwater adventure. AQWA is a unique aquarium with a spectacular live coral display and the world's largest collection of Western Australian marine life.
5. Nightlife. Hillarys Boat Harbour has several great bars and nightclubs where you can meet friends for a drink, a meal or a fun night out. Check out The Breakwater Tavern, The Harbour Terrace or the Bar One Twenty.
6. Attractions. Enjoy everything that Hillarys Boat Harbour has to offer - lots of fun attractions that adults and children will love. You can take a tour, catch a ferry, fish and dive, or visit one of the many other fun places, such as The Great Escape, AQWA, Rottnest Fast Ferries, or the Naturaliste Marine Discovery Centre. 7. Harbour Life. Hillarys Boat Harbour provides a full range of boating services and accommodates many yachts and small boats. Take a walk around the harbour and see all the boat docked there or stroll along the Boardwalk and watch the dazzling sunset.
8. Beach Life. Take the family to the beach. Spend time on the lovely white sands or have a swim at the sheltered swimming beach at Hillarys Boat Harbour. Enjoy lazing in the sun and relaxing in a friendly holiday atmosphere.
9. Sorrento Quay. The Sorrento Quay area of Hillarys Boat Harbour is home to over forty specialty stores and a wide selection of restaurants and cafes. Open seven days a week, Sorrento Quay is the perfect place to get together with family and friends, have a meal, grab a coffee and cake or spend the whole day out and about.
10. See What's On. There is always something going on at Hillarys Boat Harbour and the Sorrento Quay. There is an exciting mix of live music, displays, entertainment and activities plus buskers, musicians, fireworks, school holiday activities and festivals, you are sure to find something that everyone will enjoy.
These are just some of the fun things you can do at Hillarys Boat Harbour. Visit the Hillarys Boat Harbour website or the Sorrento Quay Website for futher details and upcoming events.