A freelance writer living in Perth, WA. My blog is coming soon. Watch this space!
Published April 12th 2013
Discover the Ferguson Valley
The picturesque Ferguson Valley is in the South-West of Western Australia, about a two hour drive from Perth. It is an area full of stunning landscapes and spectacular scenery and is a great area for a day trip, a long weekend or a holiday.
This region is rapidly becoming well know as a destination for lovers of good food and fine wine, but there is so much more to do and see.
1. Potters Gorge. Potter's Gorge is a popular picnic and camping area located on the shores of Wellington Dam. It's a great spot for swimming, fishing, picnicking, camping and bushwalking.
2. Gnomesville. A fun place to visit for adult and kids, Gnomesville is located right in the heart of the Ferguson Valley. A unique tourist attraction, Gnomesville is a growing community with over three thousand inhabitants. Bring along your own Gnome and add it to the collection.
3. Honeymoon Pool. Another great camping and picnic area is Honeymoon Pool, situated on the lower banks of the Collie River. A lovely area to rest and relax, have a barbecue or picnic, and perfect for swimming, bushwalking or fishing.
7. Eat. The Ferguson Valley has plenty of restaurants, cafes, and exquisite little eateries to tempt you. Whether you are looking for a romantic dinner for two, a meal for the whole family, a quick lunch or a relaxing coffee, there is something to please everybody.
8. Highland Valley Retreat & Day Spa. Treat yourself to a little pampering at the Highland Valley Retreat & Day Spa. The tranquil spa offers many services, facilities and packages, set in a 1915 homestead, on a one hundred and thirty hectare property.
9. Crooked Brook Forest. Take a walk through the magnificent jarrah trees of the Crooked Brook Forest. There are four fantastic walking trails to choose from, including a six hundred metre wheelchair trail and a ten kilometre scenic trail. Stop for a picnic and keep an eye out for wildflowers and wildlife.
10. Lavender Farm. Erindale Farm has been a commercial producer of Lavender since 2000. Wander through the fragrant gardens and enjoy a Devonshire tea or coffee and cake at the tearooms. At the gift shop you can buy many lavender products including handcrafted gifts and lavender scented body products.
These are just some of the great things to do in the Ferguson Valley area and there are many more. For further information about things to do and see, including accommodation options, visit the Ferguson Valley website.