A freelance writer living in Perth, WA. My blog is coming soon. Watch this space!
Published February 13th 2013
The place to be
Just forty minutes away from Perth, Dolphin Quay is situated at the picturesque Mandurah Ocean Marina in Mandurah. You will find a vast variety of shops, market style stalls, cafes, restaurants and bars, plus live music, entertainment and free activities - there's something for everyone.
1. Shop. Dolphin Quay is home to many specialty stores where you can find gifts, vintage clothes, beach gear, fashion accessories, souvenirs and much, much more.
2. Eat. If you get hungry during your visit to Dolphin Quay there are plenty of places to grab a snack or enjoy a meal. Dolphin Quay offers a wide array of different style foods to choose from, including Indian, Asian, Seafood, Thai, Italian and more. There are also several great cafes where you can get coffee and cake or even an all day breakfast.
3. See What's On. There's always something going on at Dolphin Quay. There is a great combination of live music, free activities and entertainment, special promotions and holiday events.
4. Meet Dippy the Dolphin. Take the kids over to meet Dippy the Dolphin, she is usually wandering around by the waterfront. You can print out Dippy the Dolphin fun activity and colouring pages from the Dolphin Quay website. Send them in to win Dolphin Dollars.
5. Farmers Market. Come along to Dolphin Quay for the fantastic Farmers Market. Held every Sunday, from 8am till 12 noon, this popular event has loads of great stalls overflowing with gifts, bargains and undiscovered treasures. Get all your fresh fruit and vegetables here too.
6. Visit the Marina. Dolphin Quay provides a full range of boating services and can accommodate many small leisure cruisers, yachts and luxury vessels. Take a stroll to the harbour and see the boats or walk along the Boardwalk and enjoy the view.
Dolphin Quay is open 7 days a week including public holidays, from 9am till 5pm. It's the perfect place for a day out that all the family will enjoy.
These are just some of the fun things you can do at Dolphin Quay, Mandurah. Visit the Dolphin Quay website for further details and upcoming events.