A retired business owner, my passions are cooking, photography and eating. I use all three of these when I write for recipeyum.com.au which is on HubGarden
Published August 2nd 2019
Check through these sites to find some you would like to see
The Blue Mountains and the surrounding areas have many great events and this list has some very varied ones on in the next few months.
1. JAPANESE TEA CEREMONY - CHADO WHERE - Everglades Historic House and Gardens - National Trust of Australia, 37 Everglades Avenue, Leura WHEN - 31st August 2019 TIME - from 1.30 pm to 4.30 pm COST - $40 - $45 MORE INFORMATION -Check here
This activity involves the ceremonial preparation and presentation of matcha (green tea). The presenters will be donning their Kimonos and a delicious afternoon tea of both Australian and Japanese food will be served on the Cherry Terrace following the ceremony.
2. Blue Mountains Botanic Garden Daffodil Festivaltext here WHERE - Blue Mountains Botanic Gardens, Bells Line of Road, Tomah WHEN - 24th August to 1st September TIME - 9.30 am MORE INFORMATION - click here
The annual Daffodil Festival celebrates these delightful bright yellow flowers, which is one of the first bulbs to appear as winter turns into spring. This year, you can enjoy over 75 daffodil cultivars at the Garden and the Daffodil Discovery Walk and the Growing Bulbs workshop.
4. PUDDING DAY WHERE - Norman Lindsay Gallery, 14 Norman Lindsay Gallery, Faulconbridge WHEN - 29th September TIME - 10 am to 3 pm COST - $17 to $54 MORE INFORMATION - click here
Here there will be musical entertainment, featuring Pat Drummond, old fashioned games, such as egg and spoon and sack races, prizes for the best costume, colouring/drawing competitions, photo opportunities and fun with the book's characters!
There will also be a sausage sizzle available for sale or you can bring a picnic. Admission to the gallery exhibition included and there is parking on site.
Set in the Australian bush with memorable animal characters, The Magic Pudding is the charming read about food, fun and adventure.
5. LEURA VILLAGE FAIR WHERE - Leura Mall, Leura WHEN - 12th and 13th October TIME - 9 am COST - free MORE INFORMATION - click here
This will be a bright street fair, which has been running for over 37 years! It coincides with the last weekend of the renowned Leura Gardens Festival. There will be more than 100 market stalls set among the cherry blossoms on Leura Mall, and extending into Megalong Street CaThere areThere's lots of things there with such things as handicrafts, fair trade goods, vintage wares, fashion, jewellery, gadgets and toys to dog accessories, cool-climate plants, preserves and fresh produce.
6. WALKING TOUR OF HISTORIC LEURA WHERE - Leura Station, Railway Parade, Leura WHEN - 26th October TIME - 9 am to 1 pm COST- $33 to $39 MORE INFORMATION - click here
This walking tour starts at Leura Railway Station, and participants will go on a guided tour through the village, stopping at significant landmarks.
Come for a spring walk through one of the Blue Mountain's most picturesque villages. Learn all about this area and how it came to be settled so much more. The walk will conclude with a Devonshire Tea at the Bygone Beautys tearooms and a guided tour of the adjoining Tea Pot Museum.