Lydia C. Lee is still trying to work out what to do with her one wild and precious life. She currently is a haphazard blogger. Read more at holidazeandhellidaze.blogspot.com.au or www.pandoraandmax.blogspot.com
One of the highlights of a trip to Bali is making the most of the sun setting over the ocean. Every afternoon should be spent planning the perfect spot for dinner or drinks, to revel in the magical beauty of this island. To help make for the perfect holiday, here's a list of the top 10 places for sunset in Bali.
1. La Lucciola. This is a must for every visitor to Bali, and it never disappoints. There is something appealing about the simplicity of design, with informal fine dining, and the location easily the prettiest part of Seminyak beach. For me this easily tops the list.
2. Ku De Ta. While no longer the newest place in town, it's still a great vibe and the food is excellent. Chic bar with hip sounds and fabulous food. Still my favourite place to chill as the sun goes down. I highly recommend it.
3. Rock Bar. I regret that we left this one until the night before our flight. We turned up at 5 pm but the wait would have pushed our time frame to then make the airport. So put this one early in your holiday and turn up at 4!. Looks sensational.
4. Unique Rooftop Bar Rimba. If you get tired of waiting for Rock Bar, grab the shuttle over to Unique for an equally stunning sunset and dinner.
5. Sami Sami Bar. This is a great fall back if you can't be bothered dealing with the queues for rockbar, or to have a drink while waiting for the queue to abate. Cliff top lounges offer a relaxing and stunning sunset views.
6. The Warung or Cire. The Indonesian cuisine at The Warung, or European Cire both offer sensational nights out, both in food and location.
7. Dine on the beach at Jimbaran Bay. For any first time visitor, this is a must. The first time we went, we went to a highly recommended restaurant. The second time, we went with the restaurant that offered transfers. Both were great so I think they're all pretty good. You sit on tables on the sand, and eat as the sun goes down. The perfect Bali experience.
8. Tanah Lot or Uluwatu Temple - Pura Luhur Uluwatu. Obviously these are temples and not a place for drinks, but take a bottle of water and see these amazingly beautiful temples and the sun goes down. Beware the monkeys at Uluwatu.
9. Breeze at The Samaya. This restaurant is located with direct access to Seminyak beach, on the beautifully manicured grounds of The Samaya resort.
10. Potato Head . Popular Beach Club and bar with two restaurants. Bookings recommended.
There are countless more sensational options available, all you need to do is make sure you turn up before the sun goes down!