Save your sanity with these alternatives to Christmas Carols
I love Bing Crosby and Dean Martin as much as the next person but there's only so many Christmas carols and traditional Christmas music I can cope with. This is particularly the case with Christmas music appearing in shops straight after Halloween.
So here are some ideas for some non - traditional Christmas music to get you in the festive spirit without driving you insane. All songs are available on iTunes and the collection covers a range of music types and periods. Some of them are just as corny as the traditional ones but they are, at least, a bit different to those tunes you'll hear in every elevator and shopping centre. Most are family friendly although you may want to check for innuendo and other adult concepts.
Alternative Christmas playlist
I'm sure there are many more songs that could be added to the list. What are your suggestions for the best non-traditional Christmas songs?
1. Zat You Santa Claus by jazz great Louis Armstrong
2. Zydeco Christmas by C.J. Chenier & The Red Hot Louisiana Band
3. Silent Night by YoYoMa
4. Nothin for Christmas by Eartha Kitt. Or really anything by Eartha Kitt.
5. Oi To The World by No Doubt
6. Christmas Wrapping by The Waitresses
7. The Man With The Bag by Kay Starr
8. Happy Christmas (War is Over) by John Lennon
9. White Christmas by Ringo Starr
10. Swinging Them Jingle Bells by Fats Waller
11. Feliz Navidad by Boney M
12. What Do bad Girls Get? By Joan Osborne
13. Run Rudolph Run by Hanson
14. Let It Snow by The Blenders
15. Christmas Train by Carey Bell
16. Christmas Blues by Bob Dylan
17. I Wish Christmas Would Last a Year by Vanessa Amorossi
18. Really Been Good This Year by Saffire, The Uppity Blues Woman.
Just listened to the ones I had not heard of before (via YouTube). That Eartha Kitt song is a hoot - loved it. Thank you for some alternatives. I wish they would play some of them in the shopping centres as the traditional ones start to drive you nuts after hearing them numerous times.