A retired business owner, my passions are cooking, photography and eating. I use all three of these when I write for recipeyum.com.au which is on HubGarden
Published February 2nd 2019
Have a go at painting or resin pouring
There are a lot of painting classes you can go to as well as resin making classes - both of these look fascinating, so here are my picks of the top ones for February and March 2019.
1. RESIN GIFT/PROJECT CLASS This class is not for beginners and you can only attend if you have done a resin class before. This workshop will be on Wednesday 13th February 2019, from 1.00 pm to 4.00 pm at Shop 25, Cambridge Forum, Wembley. The cost will be $45, plus the cost of the actual resin used. This amount or measurement is required before you attend the class.
All other equipment that you will need will be provided and this includes barrier tape, paints, tints, metallic powders, heat guns, and gloves. You will receive some light refreshments afterwards and your work will need to stay there for at least 12 hours, so it will have to be picked up at a later date.
The cost for this 3-hour class will be $45 and you can get more information here or you can book here.
2. 'THE BEACH' BY FIONA BUCHANAN Paint and Sip introduce artist Fiona Buchanan, who will be presenting her own painting 'The Beach'. Here you will paint while you sip on a drink and eat a gourmet platter of cheese, fruits, pickles, dips, and bread! This class is ideal for all from complete beginners to the more experienced painters. You will be able to learn quite a lot in one evening with this step by step lesson, which makes it easy.
This workshop will be held on 15th February, from 7 pm to 10 pm at Paint & Sip, Shop 25/350 Cambridge Street, Wembley (in the arcade behind the Wembley Hotel). The cost is $69.00 per person and you can find out more and make your booking here.
Included for the price you will receive the following:
Welcome drink on arrival (BYO alcohol thereafter).
Unlimited soft drinks.
Selection of gourmet snacks.
Everything you will need to make your own painting.
A stretched canvas to paint on and take home.
Use of an assortment of brushes, easel, apron and quality acrylic paints.
Step by step tuition and demonstration by an experienced
3. RESIN POUR ART WORKSHOP This is a resin pouring workshop, which will be held during the week at night. It will be both creative and fun and you do not need any experience working with resins to attend this one. You will be able to create your own resin poured artwork.
The class will be held on Tuesday 26th February from 6.30 pm to 9..30 pm at Paint & Sip in Cambridge Street, Wembley. The cost is $89.00 per person and includes:
Everything you need to make your own piece of resin art.
40cm diameter round or 35cm square board.
Any other equipment needed including, resin, barrier tape, paints, tints, metallic powders, heat guns, gloves etc.
4. PAUL CEZANNE'S 'STILL LIFE WITH PITCHER & FRUIT' Cézanne painted almost 200 still lifes, mainly doing household items. He used rich colours and basic shapes of fruit. He also did many paintings using objects from everyday life. These included flowers and fruit as well as things like jars, bottles and the like.
This will be held on 8th March, from 7.00 pm to 10.00 pm at Paint & Sip in Wembley. The cost is $69 for the 3 hours and you can book and see more information here.
Here you can paint while sipping on a drink and having a gourmet platter of cheeses, fruits, pickles, dips, and bread.
This class is ideal for beginners as well as those more experienced.
5. VAN GOGH'S 'SKELETON'
Van Gogh's 'Skull of a Skeleton with Burning Cigarette' is one of his early works. This was a small and undated painting and the original hangs in the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam.
Once again, at this class, you can paint whilst sipping on a glass of wine or similar and have the gourmet platter.
This will be on 11th March, from 7.00 pm to 10.00 pm and you can make your bookings at this link.
It is also ideal for beginners as well as the more experienced painters.
6. PICNIC TABLE RESIN CLASS
This is something different in the resin classes! Imagine going on a picnic with a colourful table you have decorated yourself! You will get to make a picnic table in this 3˝ hour class and it will have collapsible legs and hold four wine glasses and a large bottle.
It will be on 9th March, from 12.30 pm to around 4.00 pm in Wembley and the cost will be $160 and you can book and see more information here.
Included in this price you will get:
44cm x 34cm(L)x 24(h) small picnic table and all other necessary equipment including, resin, barrier tape gloves, aprons, paints, tints, metallic powders, heat guns, blow torches, etc.
Learn about preparation, planning, colour blending, tinting, pouring techniques and effects.
7. ROTTNEST 'WADJEMUP LIGHTHOUSE'
This painting is also known as the Rottnest Island Light Station and this lighthouse was WA's first stone lighthouse. It was built to make it safer for passenger ships sailing to Fremantle Port and the Swan River Colony. It was replaced in 1896 and was Australia's first rotating beam lighthouse.
You will paint this iconic Western Australian landmark and be guided through the painting process. Once again, this class is suitable for beginners and those more experienced. Beginners will get a step by step lesson making it a really easy task!
This will be held on 22nd March, from 7.00 pm to 10.00 pm in Wembley. Tickets will cost $69 and you can find out more information and book here. The cost includes:
Welcome drink on arrival.
Unlimited soft drinks.
Your own stretched canvas to paint on.
Use of an assortment of brushes, easel, apron and acrylic paints.
Step by step tuition and demonstration by an experienced artist.
8. VENICE CANALS
For this class, you will need to arrive at 6.00 pm and the class starts at 6.30 pm sharp. You can order your food and drinks from the bar and $15 of the fee is towards this meal. All materials will be provided and it will be a 2 to 3-hour class when you get to take your painting home.
This will be held on Wednesday 27th March, from 6.30 pm to 9.00 pm at the Bistro 38, Joondalup Resort, Country Club Boulevard, Connolly. The cost will be $65 and you can find out more and make your bookings at this link.