From farmers to fashion, there is a market for everyone
Melbourne is home to many events, attractions and activities which offer an abundance of things to do, especially on the weekends. Melbourne's markets are the place to be and they offer everything from farm-fresh produce to vintage fashion and everything in between.
The list below features the Top Markets across Melbourne:
When: Tuesday-Sunday (Closed Mondays) - see website for times Details: This open-air market spans two city blocks and is an absolute must visit for those looking to buy local and imported gourmet produce, with a wide range of deli goodies at the Deli Hall, meats, and fresh produce. Then there is shopping galore with market stalls selling everything from fashion, art, gifts and much more. Click here for the website.
2. South Melbourne Market Where: Coventry & Cecil Streets, South Melbourne When: Wedneday: 8am-4pm, Friday-Sunday: 8am-4pm (Closed Mondays, Tuesdays & Thursdays) Details: These markets date back to 1867 and there is an endless selection of stalls that offer fresh produce to mouth-watering culinary delights including oyster shots, buttery croissants and dim sums. Click here for the website.
Image Courtesy from South Melbourne Market Facebook
3. Dandenong Market Where: Clow & Cleeland Streets, Dandenong When: Tuesday & Friday: 7am-4pm, Saturday: 7am-4pm & Sunday: 10am-3pm (Closed Monday, Wednesday & Thursdays)
Details: These markets are undoubtedly Melbourne's most diverse culinary market. It is the melting pot of ethnicity, selling goods from over 150 nationalities under one roof! The markets include exotic fruit and vegetables, specialist meats and a bazaar, making this Melbourne's second-largest market. There is also a 1-hour Free Food Discovery Tour on Tuesdays and Fridays. Click here for the website.
Image Courtesy from Dandenong Market Facebook
4. Collingwood Children's Farm Farmers Market
Where: 18 St Heliers St, Abbotsford
When: 2nd Saturday of every Month: 8am-1pm
Details: This inner-city farm is nestled on a bend on the Yarra River and plays host to Victoria's farmers and artisans. You will find seasonal produce and gourmet goodies. Pay the $2 fee (children free) and explore the farm's seven hectares of paddocks and gardens while getting up close and personal with the animals. Click here for the website.
Image Courtesy from Collingwood Children's Farm Facebook
5. Rose Street Artists Market
Where: 60 Rose St, Fitzroy
When: Weekends: 11am-5pm
Details: These markets offer opportunities to meet the makers as your browse homemade wares. You will find everything here from photographers to emerging designers. This hip market hosts some of Melbourne's finest design talent for all creative types. Diner and rooftop bar opens at 8am. Click here for the website.
Image Courtesy from The Rose St. Artists' Market Facebook
6. Mornington Racecourse Market
Where: 320 Racecourse Rd, Mornington
When: Every 2nd Sunday of each Month: 9am-2pm
Details: Take a day trip to one of Melbourne's most stunning coastal towns and browse this unique mix market filled with handmade wares and delicious foods. There are also buskers and entertainment to enjoy too. Click here for the website.
Image Courtesy from Craft Markets Australia Facebook