Just a girl spreading the word about all the fun (and probably nerdy) things to do!
Published May 4th 2013
Lots of quick and easy fun for kids for hours
If you're having a party, a kids sleepover, or just a really long boring day with nothing to do and nowhere to go, how about a movie marathon? It's lots of fun to watch your favourite movies and laugh along with your friends. Here are some of the best movies to marathon.
1. Harry Potter Harry Potter really is the movie to marathon, however going through all eight movies can take forever. You'll either need a full on all day event, or split it up over a few nights.
2. Pixar Pixar movies are all simply amazing and heaps of fun for kids. Try UP, Wall-E, Despicable Me, Finding Nemo, and Monsters Inc.
A classic Disney marathon includes all of the family favourites, old and new, such as The Lion King, The Little Mermaid, Tangled, The Princess and the Frog, Aladdin, The Incredibles, Beauty and the Beast, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella.
As a note, you may also want to include Anastasia and The Swan Princess. Even though they are not strictly Disney, they work well with the typical Disney princess movie.
4. Shrek Watch the loveable green ogre's journey all the way from beginning to end, sing along with the songs and laugh all your way through the four movies. This is a good one to do as it is decent length, well known, and lots of fun for the whole family.
5. Ice-Age Who can resist watching this movie again? Follow the loveable characters Sid, Manny and Diego on their adventures yet again! It's also a great excuse to eat "Ice Age Themed Food", also known as ice-cream.
5. Barbie Movies Great for the little princess or ballerina in young girls, where you see Barbie in The Nutcracker, Barbie and the Pink Shoes, Barbie in Swan Lake, Barbie in The Princess and The Pauper, Barbie in this that and more. She's in so many movies you'll definitely not have a shortage!
6. Superhero These movies are more for older kids or teenagers and takes advantage of the whole new superhero craze with movies such as The Avengers, Spiderman, Superman, Batman, Thor, Captain America and more. Dress up in your capes and costumes and get ready to save the world!
7. Twilight If you or your child is a Twilight fan, you'll definitely know it by now and will know how this works. Grab the movies, grab your gal pals and get set for some vampire romance.