With much of the action concentrating on the June long weekend, there are still plenty of great free events taking place this month in Perth.
1. Sneaker Exhibition @ Art Gallery Head to the Art Gallery any day this month (except Tuesdays) for the fascinating new exhibition 'The Rise of Sneaker Culture'. There are more than 150 pairs of sneakers from iconic brands, private collectors, artistic collaborations and historical pieces. A fun and different exhibition that will appeal to everyone.
2. Pinjarra LiveLighter Festival Over two big days of the long weekend, the Pinjarra Festival will have carnival rides, market stalls, kids activities, vintage cars, circus workshops, cooking demos, street food stalls and non-stop entertainment all weekend.
3. Toodyay Fibre Festival Held in the heart of the lovely Avon Valley, the Toodyay Fibre Festival celebrates all forms of natural fibres from paddock to hats (and everything in between). Be dazzled by the Festival Fashion Show, enjoy music and entertainment, learn from the displays, shop at the market stalls and make-your-own hat to win a prize at the Mad Hatters Tea-Party.
4. WA Day Festival, Elizabeth Quay
So big it needs two days, the WA Festival at Elizabeth Quay in the city will be a bustling program of food and wine, entertainment and activities all showcasing and celebrating our beautiful state. There will be a special market on the Sunday, plus a celebrity cook-off, all-day music and performers plus the huge SOTA Festival on Monday night.
5. WA Day Festival, Freo
The WA Day Festival in Fremantle will be very family-focussed with activities for all members of the family including interactive art, a special Perth Maker's Market, performers and entertainment, drumming workshops and food trucks.
6. WA Day Festival, Mandurah
WA Day in Mandurah will be something different with a special Winter Street Party. This evening event will have activities for everyone including Indigenous dancing, Bollywood dancing, and Lion dancing, plus drumming circles, live music, market stalls, gourmet food vans and fire pits to keep warm.
The State Of The Art festival will be the huge finale to the WA Day festivities at Elizabeth Quay. WA's biggest free music festival, SOTA will headline some of WA's biggest names including KoKarnivool Gyroscope, Bob Evans and Drapht.
8. Act Belong Commit WA Day, Canning
This is a family fun day for Western Aussies celebrate all the great things about our state. It will acknowledge Aboriginal peoples as the traditional owners, early European settlers and migrants from all over the world who call Western Australia home. Watch blacksmith demonstrations and sheep shearing, try some bush tucker, get crafty with native plant workshops, add to the community art installation and more.
9. Lunchtime Cathedral Concerts
St Georges Cathedral will be hosting a series of free lunchtime concerts every second Wednesday in the city. Welcoming everyone from workers to tourists to shoppers and families, the concerts will showcase a varied range of Perth talent including schools, music schools and music academies. Click here for the full line-up of dates and performers.
When: Wednesday 14th and 28th June, from 1pm – 1.45pm
Where: St Georges Cathedral, Perth City
Cost: Free (donations always welcome) Click for more information.
10. EveryWoman Expo
Now in its 19th year, the Mundella EveryWoman Expo will be back with FREE entry, and more than 250 exhibitors including health, beauty, fashion, food, love, lifestyle, fitness, spiritual solutions and more. There will be fashion parades, cooking classes, makeovers, samples, readings and workshops
When: Friday 16th June to Sunday 18th June
Where: Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre, 21 Mounts Bay Rd
Cost: Free Click for more information.