There will be a great range of free and paid events to suit children of all ages, including workshops, sports activities, craft sessions and more.
Here are 7 free events to keep an eye out for during children's week:
1. Free Fun Day at Waterworld On Saturday the 20th of October 2018, Waterworld in Norlane will be holding a free fun day for 6-12 year olds. There will be free entry for families between 1pm and 3pm, and activities and entertainment, including:
Kids boot camp classes at 1:30pm and 2:15pm
For more information, visit the Facebook event page here.
Image Source: Waterworld Leisure Centre Facebook Page
2. Free Kids Art and Craft Sessions On Sunday the 21st of October, Artist Liz McGrath will be holding a free kids craft session at the Bluebird Foundation's Garden Market.. The sessions will run between 11am-2pm, and are suitable for children of all ages.
Bluebird House is located at the corner of Carr and Swanston Streets, South Geelong.
3. Free Family Fun Day at The Potato Shed On Sunday the 21st of OCtober 2018, The Potato Shed will be holding a free family fun day from 11am-3pm. The event will include a range of free activities, displays and entertainment, including jumping castles, face painting, animal farm, workshops, skate park, plus a performance by The Mik Maks.
Food can be purchased from the food trucks, or you can bring a picnic lunch from home.
The Potato Shed is located on the Bellarine Peninsula, at 41 Peninsula Drive, Drysdale. For more information, visit the event page here.
4. Free Family Fun 'Circus Play' Day
As part of Children's Week, Northern Bay Family Centre in Corio will be hosting a Circus Play Day on Thursday the 25th of October 2018. The event will take place from 10am-12:30pm and is suitable for young children age 0-5.
Activities will include:
Two shows with Nic Dacomb, 'Krazy Koala', and puppets
Northern Bay Family Centre is located at 3-25 Goldsworthy Road, Corio. For more information visit their website here.
Image source: Northern Bay Family Centre
5. Children's Day at SpringDale
On Saturday the 27th of October 2018, SpringDale Neighbourhood Centre will be hosting a free family event from 10am-12pm. The event will include a range of activities, such as:
Playing with toys
Enjoying tea or coffee
SpringDale is located on the Bellarine Peninsula, at 17-21 High Street, Drysdale.
Image Source: SpringDale Neighbourhood Centre Website
6. Messy Mayhem at the Toy Library
On Saturday the 27th of October 2018, Leopold Child and Family Centre will be hosting a messy play day event for children aged under 5. The event will take place from 10am-12:30pm, and will include slime, sand, foam and other messy stuff for the kids to enjoy.
7. 'Not Your Average Family' Dance
On Sunday the 28th of October, the Bluebird Foundation will be holding a family bush dance at Vines Road Community Centre Hall in Hamlyn Heights. The Billy Tea Bush Band will be providing the music, and families with children of all ages are welcome.
The event will run from 3:15pm-4:45pm, and afternoon tea will be provided.