A month of events to celebrate Seniors, music, arts, food, and the start of Spring Racing!
1. Docklands Arts, Laughs & Blues Festival Dance, laugh or be entertained by circus, music, cabaret, theatre, arts, stand-up comedy performances, and Wonderland Fun Park amusement rides, at the Docklands Arts, Laughs & Blues Festival. Wonderland Spiegeltent, 120 Pearl River Road Docklands. Download the program here. Free and ticketed events from October 1st -5th.
2. Victorian Seniors Festival
A festival of arts, sport, touring, learning, and meeting new people. Enjoy free and low-cost events, as well as special offers, across Victoria. For Seniors Card holders, free travel on public transport throughout the festival, and on V/Line on October 7th-9th, and 11th-12th. Collect a program booklet from any Coles store, local council, library, neighbourhood and community houses, information centre, or U3A premises, or download here. With over 1000 events being held around Victoria, use the online calender to plan your festival program. Free and low-cost events from October 5th-12th.
3. Melbourne Festival Enjoy a wide array of dance, theatre, music, visual arts, multimedia and outdoor events from renowned and upcoming Australian and International companies and artists at the Melbourne Festival. Free and ticketed events from October 10th-26th.
5. Diwali Indian Festival of Light Be dazzled by fireworks and hundreds of glittering lanterns at the Indian Diwali Festival of Lights. Enjoy traditional and modern dance performances, Bollywood movie screenings, music, crafts, cuisine, and more at Federation Square. Bring the family to this free outdoor event. Download the full program here. Free entertainment, food for purchase. Saturday October 25th, 12pm - 9.45pm.
6. Street Food Festivals October is about food! Enjoy these family friendly street food festivals celebrating the culinary diversity in Melbourne. October 12th: treat your taste buds to mouth watering street food from Indonesia, Vietnam, Singapore and Thailand at Queen Victoria Market. October 18th: savour the delicate tastes of South India at Federation Square. October 26th: feast on hearty Italian goodness at Piazza Italia Carlton. Free entertainment, food for purchase. October 12th-26th.