A retired business owner, my passions are cooking, photography and eating. I use all three of these when I write for recipeyum.com.au which is on HubGarden
Published July 10th 2018
Pick an interesting event to go to from this list
1. Teen Book Club When: Friday 3rd August, from 5.30 pm to 7 pm Where: 100 Aberdeen Street, Northbridge About: Join NADIA L KING, author of Jenna's Truth, for snacks and chats. Here they will be discussing Sarah Epstein's Small Spaces.
This is about an imaginary friend, a fear and the results of this. Much later, disturbing memories resurface and Tash starts to see this friend, Sparrow again.
2. Small Works - a Joint Exhibition by 5 Realists Painters When: Friday 3rd till 13th August, opening at 6.pm Where: Shop 9, the Biscuit Factory, 330 South Terrace, Fremantle About: Peter Barker, Meath Conlan, David Green, Andy Kent and Ben Sherar present a FREE exhibition of new paintings.
3. Avon River Descent When: 4th and 5th August About: You can read more about this event here
4. Awakening: Sister Shivani Australian Tour When: 8th August from 7 pm to 9 pm Where: Riverside Theatre, Perth Convention Centre About: BK Shivani is a Raja Yoga Meditation Teacher and has been studying spiritual knowledge and practising the ancient technique of Raja Yoga Meditation.
5. Wilkinson Homestead – River Walk When: 9th August, 10 am to 2 pm Where: Departing at Addie Mills Centre, 2 Astley Street, Gosnells About: This is a leisurely 6 – 7 km undulating walk for seniors, along the Canning River. A moderate level of fitness is required.
A light morning tea will be provided and lunch can be purchased at your own expense. Bookings will be taken from Wednesday 25th July, and there is a small cost of $7.50.
6. Perth Pregnancy Babies & Children's Expo When: From Friday 10th to 12th August, from 10 am to 5 pm Where: Claremont Showgrounds - Exhibition Centre About: At this Expo you can talk with a wide range of Exhibitors to gain up-to-date advice on the early years of parenting.
You can also see, and buy the products and services that interest you. There will be hundreds of brands, and organisations here.
7. Starting a Business - Saturday Pop-up Session When: Saturday 11th August, from 10 am to 12 noon Where: Small Business Development Corporation, Level 2, 140 William Street About: If you are thinking about starting a business, but don't really know where to begin, this FREE workshop will explain the necessary things to you.
You'll cover from initial assessment and look at your suitability to run a business, to financing your idea, and identifying sales opportunities.
8. Pre-Loved Fashion Market: Winter Addition When: Sunday 12th August, from 11 am to 3 pm Where: E-Shed Markets, Fremantle About: August Popup designer pre-loved fashion markets, Fremantle. WA designers; Local Businesses; Perth Based Boutiques
9. Open Eye Meditation and Relaxation Introductory Seminar When: Tuesday 21st August, from 9.30 am to 10.30 am Where: Jacaranda Room, Addie Mills Centre, 2 Astley Street, Gosnells About: You will feel more relaxed while you develop a state of "centred awareness" that you can adapt to all aspects of life. Why not try this - if you enjoy what you experience, register your interest in regular monthly classes.
This is a FREE event, suitable for seniors, and bookings will be taken from Thursday 2nd August.
10. ARMY ART 2018 - TRANSITION When: From 24th to 26th August, from 10 am to 5 pm Where: Leeuwin Barracks, East Fremantle About: Army Art is a charity event that showcases existing and emerging West Australian artists. The aim is to raise money for Western Australian charities. The event attracts crowds of over 1000 people through opening night and weekend attendance. Opening night is $20 and other times, it is by gold coin donation.
11. Good Food & Wine show When: 24th to 26th August Where: Perth Convention Centre About: Enjoy a fun day out with friends discovering new foods, new wines and the latest products. You can see celebrity chefs on stage, join in educational masterclasses, and shop at hundreds of local and international exhibitors at the show.
12. Gosnells Heritage Trail of Intrigue When: Tuesday 28th August, from 10 am to 3.30 pm Where: Departing at Addie Mills Centre, 2 Astley Street, Gosnells About: Join this tour led by one of the City's heritage experts and learn about times past. A small coach will make its way to various locations, including a lunch stop at your own expense.
This will cost $10, is suitable for seniors, and bookings will be taken from Tuesday 14th August.