Gayle is a retired accountant and a photography enthusiast living on Victoria's beautiful Bass Coast. Gayle is passionate about writing and keen to showcase Aussie culture to a global audience. Gayle loves her family, dogs, sunsets, and chocolate.
Published March 9th 2017
Easter Fun is Here Again
The Easter Bunny, chocolate eggs, egg hunts, hot cross buns, and chocolate bilbies make Easter four days of fun, fun, fun. But it doesn't have to stop there. Melbourne has turned it on for Easter with Easter egg hunts, amusement rides, face painting, petting zoos, jumping castles, train rides, arts and crafts and much more.
It's Easter again. (Image CC0 Public Domain via Pixabay)
1. Giant Easter Egg Hunt 2017 Chirnside The Giant Easter Egg Hunt also offers rides, face painting, a sausage sizzle, fairy floss, popcorn, ice-creams, food and drinks, a giant slide, a giant climbing wall, music and other fun activities. Children will receive a bucket load of Easter eggs to find and the bucket to collect them in, two free turns on the giant slide, giant climbing wall or bouncy castles, free face painting and balloon animals.
Easter egg hunts are always a hit with the kids. (Photo CC0 Public Domain via Pixabay)
The Giant Easter Egg Hunt is hosted by the Life Ministry Church at the oval near Oxley Stadium on the property of Life Ministry Church, 15 to 49 Old Melbourne Rd. Chirnside Park on Saturday 15th April from 9.00am to 1.30pm. There are age-based sessions throughout the morning, with two open sessions. Tickets are $12 per child and must be purchased on-line before the event. The food and drink can be purchased on the day. Visit their website for more details or ring Life Ministries on 9726 8111.
The signature bunny at YVC, just some of over 30,000 Easter chocloate treats from Yarra Valley Chocolaterie (Photo from Yarra Valley Chocolaterie Facebook Page)
2. Yarra Valley Chocolaterie and Ice-Creamery Easter Family Fun Days. As if the Yarra Valley Chocolaterie and Ice-Creamery isn't already sweet enough, it will again be holding family fun events over the Easter weekend. Check the website nearer to the date for details. here is an onsite café and of course, chocolate and ice-cream sales. In addition to their usual fare, there will be over 30,000 handcrafted Easter inspired chocolates on display including chocolate chicks, hens, frogs and even one-metre tall chocolate bunnies.
The Yarra Valley Chocolaterie and Ice-Creamery is at 35 Old Healesville Road, (Corner of Melba Highway), Yarra Glen. It is open from 9am to 5pm. The handcrafted Easter Creations display runs from 1st March to 14th April. More details can be found on their website or by ringing 9730 2777.
South East Melbourne
3. Melbourne Easter Show The Melbourne Easter Show is indeed a show; it has so much to offer. There will be amusement rides, Easter egg hunts, an animal nursery and petting zoo, a show bag pavilion, children's activities, a hot dog eating contest, aa food truck park, market stalls and fireworks.
The Melbourne Easter Show will be held at Lawson Poole Reserve, Corner of Thompsons Road and South Gippsland Highway, Cranbourne, from Friday 14th to Monday 17th April. More details can be obtained from their website or by ringing 5974 1580. Entry to the show is free.
There will be plenty of eggs to hunt for this Easter (Photo copyright Gayle Beveridge)
4. Rockn Suzies Good Friday Appeal Car Show and Family Day Come along to Rockn Suzies Family Day and Car Show and while you and the Easter Bunny are having fun you'll also be helping to raise money for the Royal Children's Hospital Good Friday Appeal. For the children there will be Easter Bunny with free treats, jumping castles, face painting and temporary tattoos.
For the car enthusiasts, there will be trophies for the car show and shine winners, and a chance to win a kid's Harley Davidson. Try your luck with raffles, instant auctions, and giveaways. Dance and sing to the music provided by a DJ and live bands. The day is rounded off with food and drink vans, memorabilia stalls, and rock and roll clothing.
Rockn Suzies Good Friday Appeal Car Show and Family Day is at The Berwick Leisure Centre, 79 Manuka Road, Berwick on Friday 14th April from 10am to 10pm. Costs are Adults $15, Children under 16 Free. More information can be found on their Facebook page or by ringing 5940 9791 or 0400 216 670.
Join this Easter Family Day (Photo from Rockin' Suzies Good Friday Appeal Facebook Page).
5. Breakfast with Easter Bunny and Easter Egg Hunt in Berwick. As part of the Berwick Easter Festival children up to 13 years old can join the Easter Bunny for a picnic breakfast. Each child will receive a hot cross bun and a juice box while they listen to an Easter Storybook. Children will be able to be photographed with the Easter Bunny. The breakfast will run from 9.00am to 9.45am.
Following breakfast, Easter egg hunts will run every 15 minutes from 10.15am to 3.30pm. Children can also enjoy themselves at some of the surrounding free activity centres. Some of the local cafes will be offering free coffee vouchers to parents.
Hot cross buns for breakfast with the Easter Bunny (Image by fracti via morguefile)
The Berwick Easter Egg Hunt is at being held at various times on Saturday 1st April at the gardens in the centre of High Street in Berwick, opposite Nomadic Restaurant. Cost for breakfast and the egg hunt are $6 per child and registrations are required. Click here for more details and to book your place.
6. The Easter Bonnet Parade. Moonee Valley Libraries are running a series of Easter Bonnet Parades. 3 to 12 year olds will participate in a craft session where they make their own Easter Bonnet to wear in a parade around the library.
Some many pretty hats in the Easter Bonnet Parade (Photo CC0 Public Domain via Pixabay)
Sessions commence at 11am and run at Ascot Vale on Thursday 13th April (Phone: 8325 1990), Avondale Heights on Wednesday 12th April (Phone: 8325 1940), Flemington on Thursday 13th April (Phone: 8325 1975), Niddrie on Tuesday 11th April (Phone: 8325 1925) and at Sam Merrifield on Monday 10th April (Phone: 8325 1950). The cost is $4.10 per child. More details can be found on the Library's website where there are links for online bookings.
7. 2017 Mernda CFA Family Day and Easter Egg Hunt Now in its 6th year, this CFA Fundraiser is not just a huge Easter egg hunt; there are 30,000 eggs to be found. There will be rides and a petting zoo for the children, silent auctions, raffles, a sausage sizzle, Devonshire teas, market stalls, food stalls, exhibitions, competitions, and more.
How many Easter eggs will your child find (Image CC0 Public Domain via Pixabay)
The 2017 Mernda CFA Family Day and Easter Egg Hunt will be held at the Mernda Primary School, Mernda Village Drive, Mernda on Saturday 15th April from 10am to 3pm. Package tickets are $30 pre-purchased online or $35 on the day and include one egg hunt and unlimited rides. Otherwise, tickets for egg hunts are $5 each and tickets for individual rides are $5 each. More details and pre-purchase tickets can be found here.
Frankston and Mornington Peninsula
8. Mornington Heritage Train Rides Easter Bunny Special The Mornington Heritage Railway is putting on a special Easter Bunny train. The Easter Bunny will be on board with treats for the children. The railway which operates between Moorooduc and Mornington has both steam and diesel heritage broad gauge locomotives and heritage passenger cars.
The train will depart from Moorooduc Train Station at 460 Moorooduc Highway, Moorooduc at Sunday 16th April. Departures are at 11:00am, 12:15pm, 1:45pm and 3:00pm. Return fares are Adult $20, Concession $15, Children $10 and a Family ticket is $55 Visit the website for more information, ring on 1300 767 274 or book your tickets on-line.
Your kids will have fun on the rides (Photo CC0 Public Domain via Pixabay)
9. Frankston's Good Friday Family Day Free to enter, free Easter eggs for the kids free live music and stage shows all day. Why wouldn't you go? Also on offer are the Easter Bunny, an Easter bonnet parade, amusement rides, jumping castles, face painting, an arts and crafts market, roving entertainers and food vans.
Frankston's Good Friday Family Fun Day will be held at 135 Golf Links Rd (Corner of Robinsons Road), Frankston, on Friday 14th April, from 10am to 4pm. Entry is free but money's raised from paid activities will go towards the Royal Children's Hospital Good Friday Appeal. For more information visit the website
10. The Big Goose Easter Egg Scramble. The Big Goose, a popular children's animal farm in Moorooduc is celebrating Easter. As well as Easter Egg Scrambles and egg and spoon races there will be a number of other activities with plenty of prizes to be won. Children can meet the Easter Bunny and enjoy the farm's usual attractions; the farm animals, the petting barn, the tyre maze and jumping pillow, pony rides, tractor rides, mini golf and the adventure playground.
Join the Easter Bunny for a Fun Day Out at The Big Goos (Photo from The Big Goose Facebook Page)
The Easter Egg Scramble is at The Big Goose at 233 Mornington Tyabb Road, Moorooduc daily from Friday 14th to Monday 17th April from 10:00am to 4:00pm. Cost is $5 with entry to the Big Goose. Entry to The Big Goose is $17 per Adult, $13 per Child, Age Pension card $13, Family of 4 - $50, Each additional child $10, Kids under 2 Free and a Family Super Pass is$69 More details can be found on their website or by ringing 0459 911 549.
City and Western Suburbs
11. Easter Afternoon Escapade at the Stamford Plaza.
Easter is the theme as adults tuck into a special afternoon tea and the little ones graze at the children's buffet. A children's play area will offer face painting, a make-your-own milkshake station and an Easter egg hunt.
The afternoon tea runs from 2.30 to 5pm on Sunday 15th and Sunday 16th April at the Stamford Plaza, 111 Little Collins Street, Melbourne. Costs are $49.00 per adult and $25.00 per child aged 5 to 12 years. Bookings can be made on-line.
Kids love face painting and why not a bunny face at Easter (Photo CC0 Public Domain via Pixabay)
12. Good Friday Appeal Kids Day Out Oh my goodness, what child would not love this. There will be a giant roller skating rink, Teddy Bear's Hospital, Build-A Bear workshops, Harley Davidson and Mustang rides, emergency service displays, classic cars, Lego, carnival rides, children's cooking classes, a children's craft activities, music, dance, food and drink.
The Good Friday Appeal Kids Day Out is at The Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre, on Friday 14th April, from 10am to 6pm. Entry is free and participation in the activities is by donations which go to the Royal Children's Hospital. More details can be found on their website.
There will be plenty of Easter activities for the kids (Photo CC0 Public Domain via Pixabay)
13. Spottiswoode Hotel Family Fun Day Join in the family fun at the Spottiswoode Hotel and help raise funds for the Royal Children's Hospital Good Friday Appeal. Activities include jumping castle, face painting, a sausage sizzle, Funky Bunch Trivia, Red Hot Raffle, and live music.
This family day is being held at the Spottiswoode Hotel at 62 Hudsons Road, Spottswood on Friday 14th April. Call 9391 1330 for bookings. Visit the website for more details.