You'll never imagine what animals you can find here
Many people love everything to do with animals and all of us wonder in amazement at the strengths and curiosity of some of our animal friends.
Jo's Ark Trail Riding & Equestrian Adventure Get back to nature at Thunderbird Park on Tamborine Mountain between Brisbane and the Gold Coast. This 112-hectare rainforest property has a lot to offer when it comes to outdoor adventures, including an enjoyable trail ride through stunning scenery.. *Image Thunderbird park website
You can use the notes section at the bottom of this article to add in your thoughts, suggestions and ideas of terrific animal experiences on the Gold Coast.
There are all the usual events and activities including Sea World animals and baby Henry at the polar bear shores, Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary bird park, feeding dolphins at Tangalooma Resort and many more theme park style activities, but there are so many others that you may not have considered.
To get the ball rolling here are 5 of my suggestions:
1. Grrrrrrrr One of the most obvious ideas is always at Dreamworld Tiger Island, yet if you haven't considered this it is worth a thought - you can even sit down and have a photograph taken with a 180 kilo tiger at Dreamworld Tiger Island.
2. Whale songs Something that not everybody gets to do is the humpback whale experience. If you are on the Gold Coast between June and November - this is humpback whale season and you can take a boat out to go whale watching directly from the Gold Coast. Who knows you may even see mum's and their babies.
3. Saddle Up At Thunderbird park, you can take a horse riding experience through Mount Tambourine if you are the sort of person that likes to get right in and be part of the action. See the mountain in a way many do not (check out the image at the top of this article from Thunderbird Park).
4. Shine Brightly Taking a visit out to Springbrook National Park, you may be fortunate enough to uncover an illuminating cave filled with glow worms. Tours may be offered at different times of the year.
5. Down to the farm At Paradise Country you can get into the action of an Aussie farm experience while witnessing a sheep show and seeing how these amazing animals of the land are herded whilst witnessing the amazing talent of the farmers and the dogs. From unique Australian wildlife to farmyard favourites and the cutest of babies, your kids will love staying here.
Animal Nursery & Walkthrough Introduce your babies to our babies and have a cuddle with the littlest animal residents of Paradise Country in our Animal Nursery.. *Image Paradise Country Website.
Over to you: What makes these articles become great reference points is the fabulous input from our readers. What are your favourites and what animal experiences do you know about on the Gold Coast? We are eagerly waiting to hear your thoughts.