Sitting on the sidelines is no fun, so here is our pick of Perth's Top 10 accessible Playgrounds. For the young and young at heart.
1. Pias Place All Abilities Playground - located within the beautiful Whiteman Park. Pias Place has ample disabled parking, paths all around and inclusive play equipment. There are multiple picnic benches around with spaces for people in wheelchairs to sit. Guerrilla Hub is also located at Pias Place to buy a coffee or ice cream and other yummy treats. Disabled toilets are located within the mainstream toilet block and an accessible platform to wheel onto the tram is also located just outside Pias play space.
2. Kings Park - Variety Place, pathways, inclusive play for all abilities. This is just one of Kingsparks fabulous parks. Barbecues are located in this area and disabled bathrooms are located in various locations around Kings Park. Multiple disabled parking bays are located throughout Kingspark.
3.Volcano Park, also known as Faulkner Park -
Gated playground for all abilities, water play, sand table, and a massive volcano everyone can access wheel/walk jump/skip/hop. Well shaded and with footpaths all around. Disabled parking right out front and right next door is Belmont oasis with disabled bathrooms.
4. Livvi's Place Playground - Located In Whiteman Edge, Brabham. A gated playground, traditional slides and swings. A double flying fox and a roundabout to whirl around and around on. Sand tables. Various picnic tables and barbecues. Accessible parking right out front, and a disabled bathroom.
5. Woodbridge Riverside Park - Located in Guildford by the beautiful Swan River. A fenced park suitable for all abilities. Sand and water play benches, roundabout dizzy whizzy, side to side boat and traditional slides and swings. Ample disabled parking out front, a disabled bathroom. The Guerrilla Hub is located here for all your food and drink needs.
6. Jo Wheatley aĺl abilities play space - Located in Dalkeith. Fenced all around for all abilities this playground has, water play, the traditional slide and swings, a flying fox, sand play, monkey bars and so much more. Picnic tables and drink fountains so you can stay a while. Disabled parking out front, pathways all around and a disabled bathroom.
7. Whale Playground Scarborough - all abilities playground inspired by the Noongar Culture. Sand play, water play, climbing frames, traditional slides and swings. Disabled parking right out front, an accessible bathroom. Stay and play all day.
8. Tom Bateman all abilities playground - Located in Thornlie. Fenced and pathways all around. Sand play, climbing frames, traditional swings and a slide. Disabled parking right out front and a disabled bathroom.
9. Hydepark Playground - Located in North Perth. Imaginative play, traditional slides and swings, climbing frames, sand play and a rock-climbing wall. Barbecues and picnic benches. Disabled parking right out front and a disabled bathroom.
10. St Leonards playground - Located in St Leonards Dayton. Two play areas for young and older children with various equipment including traditional slides and swings. Climbing wall, fireman pole and spinning dizzy around and around wheel. Picnic benches and Barbecues for your lunch. Disabled parking out the front and a spacious disabled bathroom.