I usually like to make my meals from scratch, but sometimes when I'm not in the mood, it is nice just to be able to whip something up that is quick and easy. Sometimes that might mean a microwaveable ready meal, or other times, I might just throw a few things together and see what I get. My tomato and soya penne is just that.
Tomato sauce works brilliantly with penne pasta, while using soya as a meat substitute still gives you that chewy texture as something to get your teeth into.
Serves: 4 Kcal/Serving: 311 (based on the brands I used) Cooking Time: 20 mins
200g penne pasta 200g frozen edamame beans ( also called green soya beans) 50g soya mince 340g tomato and basil pasta sauce
4 tsp onion gravy granules
1. Bring pasta to the boil and simmer for 14 minutes.
2. Add the edamame beans for the last three minutes.
3. Make gravy with the granules according to instructions, and mix in the soya mince.
4. Once puffed up, sieve out the soya mince, mix with the edamame beans and half the tomato sauce, the fry it in a pan.
5. Mix with the drained pasta, add the rest of the sauce, and fry for a further 2 mins.