Let go of the old, step into the new & let happiness reign
Ever feel like you have too much stuff going on? Do you live in a constant state of overwhelm? Do you envy people who are simply happy and wish you could be like them?
There's no doubt that stress is the number one enemy of the modern man, woman and child. There are many ways to de-stress that are simple enough such as taking a shower, a walk in nature, singing, laughing, connecting with a loved one, even playing with a pet!
Perhaps simplifying your life is another solution. Here's a few tips.
1. We all know that clutter is, well, clutter. So have a clean out and you will be amazed at how much clearer you feel. Let go of all non essential items, especially if you haven't used them for years. Challenge your belief about keeping things for a rainy day.
2. Take an inventory of your lifestyle and ask yourself "Is this really the way I want to live?" Get to the nitty gritty: Are you living beyond your means? Is more money going out than coming in? If partnered, discuss openly the stress this is causing - maybe it's time to make some changes.
3. I'm sure we have all read stories about people who make huge changes such as pack up all their belongings and move to another country, or indulge in a green/sea change. If your living in a city and hating it, maybe it's time to take that leap of faith?
4. What's your passion? Are you able to indulge in what truly makes your heart sing?
4. Stay open to all possibilities. Sometimes what we imagine as 'great and wonderful' sometimes isn't... and what we imagine "terrible" turns out better in the long run.
At the end of the day we can ask ourselves one main question:
What makes us happy? What inspires us to jump out of bed of a morning with gusto? What 'lights our fire?"
I recall a story about a couple who wanted to live in Bali. They followed their gut feelings and moved there with no idea what they were going to do for work. After about a year, they met a couple who managed a restaurant and who ran retreats and were looking for trainers. Bingo. This couple took on that role and subsequently stepped into their new life...
It seems that once we are willing to move in the direction of what makes us truly happy, living in congruency, living with integrity and honesty with ourselves, we attract that which is for our highest good.