We all have been there - maybe some are there right now - but it can be a quick and easy fix.
Most people know what they love doing. However, some of those things are just not reachable when we want them the most. Here are some suggestions you may find to help with boredom.
1. Music. Put your favorite music on and do a little dance. This has benefits on a couple of levels; it will help improve your mood, it is good for exercising, and you can enjoy singing.
2. Call a friend you haven't talked to in a while. There's nothing like catching up and reminiscing about the good ole days.
3. Take in a walk and look at all the beauty that lies around you. Zone out or block out the sounds of passing cars or dogs barking and just fully focus on the flowers, trees, the birds and feel the boredom or stress just slip away.
4. Have a picnic in a nearby park. Take lunch and your favorite book, iPod or iPad, and just lounge under a shading tree for a little while. Even take a nap under there if you want too.
5. Go for a long walk along the beach. Look at the different sea shells. Say hello to passerby's along your walk. Dip your toes into the water or in the sand.
6. Go through your old pictures and remember all those good times throughout your life.
7. Go window shopping for an hour, or simply go in the shops and try on different outfits without buying anything.
8. Meet a friend for coffee and spend the hour talking about things you both would love to do.
9. If the weather is warm enough, go play in the sprinklers or water hose, just because you can. It's ok to act childish and have fun sometimes.
10. Visit someone who is sick and make them a card to let them know you are thinking of them. If you don't know someone who is sick, visit your local nursing home and find someone to do something for.
The spice of life is enjoying life. You can not always be excited or happy but what you do and what you bring to others will put a smile on your face, as well as others who are receiving.