Choosing the right design for your home is not an easy thing to do. You have to consider whether you want it to be attractive and unusual, or maybe more practical and standard. Before choosing which way to go, you need to keep in mind that the way you decide your home to look like will definitely have an impact on the time you spend cleaning it. There are certain tips that will help you design your home in a way that will allow you to minimize your cleaning time.
1. Get started by choosing the right floors The floors in your home are constantly catching all kinds of dirt. That is why you need to choose floor materials that are easy to be cleaned. One good option is stained concrete which is enhanced with a sealer. Other flooring options which are easier to maintain are laminate or vinyl flooring. To ensure smooth and effective carpet cleaning, choose carpets that are not too large as it will be easier for you to wash them. Consider placing carpet tiles instead of a large area rug.
2. Go for furniture that can be moved around Having more furniture with castors will definitely make domestic cleaning easier as you can move them around whenever you need to sweep, mop or vacuum underneath them.
3. Choose upholstery fabrics that are durable and easy to clean
One of the most preferred upholstery fabrics is leather. You can easily wipe off any spills or dirt from it. However, keep in mind that if you have small kids, you need to avoid buying white or ivory leather. Go for darker colors instead. This way you won't have to clean it too often.
4. Choose walls that can be washed The walls in your home should be easy to clean too, especially if you have small children or pets. Consider investing in high-quality paint that can be washed without getting damaged. Kids love to express their creativity by drawing on the walls. You need to know that whenever you find the walls "decorated" by your little ones, you can grab a sponge and a bucket of soapy water and clean them properly.
5. Think of good storage spaces You need to plan your storage carefully. It can really help you clean up faster when you are in a hurry. Putting away your items in a storage place will decrease the clutter in your home and thus make cleaning much easier and faster. It is a good idea to get more furniture that has hidden storage space. There are amazing storage ottomans that will allow you to store your books, magazines, toys and blankets in them.
As you can see, there are certain things that you can do in order to design an easy-clean home. You have to consider what type of floor material you are going to choose, how to design the walls, what type of furniture to buy and how to organize better storage options. Try to design not only an attractive and beautiful home, but also a practical one which can be cleaned easily without spending too much time and effort.