Teacher educator and author of many teacher reference books. Amused by random ideas and loves random acts of kindness. Enjoys writing humour...seriously!Please see my Instagram: wilsonjeni
Published February 1st 2014
Proud To Be Ethical
Be an agent for positive change
This is no ordinary shop. It is an ethically based business that has led the charge towards more sustainable and equitable practices around the world. It runs campaigns to inspire individuals and groups to do the same.
Here's a few interesting facts about the Body Shop.
1. The Body Shop® was founded by Dame Anita Roddick 1976. Unfortunately she died prematurely in 2007. She started selling hand-mixed, naturally inspired products with minimal packaging in Brighton, England.
I wonder how many people notice the signs
2. Over the years Anita and The Body Shop® have run campaigns against human rights abuses, protecting animals and the environment and shown commitment to campaigning on social issues and boosting self-esteem. protecting the planet and supporting community trade.
3. The Body Shop® were the first international cosmetics brand to prohibit the use of ingredients tested on animals and to be awarded the Humane Cosmetics Standard for our Against Animal Testing policy.
Products For Men and Women
4. Twenty years ago The Body Shop was one of the first to promote Fair Trade with third world countries. The Body Shop® created its own fair trade program called Community Trade to help create sustainable trading relationships with marginalised communities around the world.
5. The Body Shop® Australia is a fully Australian owned company. There are now more than 80 stores across Australia.
The Greensborough Store
6. The Body Shop® Foundation (launched in 1990) gives financial support to frontline projects that demonstrate activism, innovation and volunteer support that might otherwise not get support. Some examples include: National Missing Persons Helpline, The Big Issue and the National Association for People Abused in Childhood.
7. This year Body Shop® are running a Challenge Campaign that anyone can enter. It's based around the idea of setting a goal around being positive for 21 days until it becomes second nature. They have a website for people to post their goals and be in the chance to win prizes. The winner will be chosen based on the passion, innovation and impact their challenge has!
Award winning body butters and more
8. Last but not least… The Body Shop® stock award winning, world famous Body Butters.
By shopping at The Body Shop you can choose a high quality healthy, socially just product and contribute to the livelihood of many throughout the world.