Life is about the journey - some roads are not always what they seem but you sure learn a great deal from them!
Published May 28th 2013
As we settle in for winter we find that it is getting darker just little earlier each day. Those fresh mornings now have a cold nip which tends to last longer. And staying indoors during the weekend is a little more inviting.
Here are seven things you can do during the winter weekends which could help pass the time fast enough to see you through to Summer!
1. Video Marathon
Hire a series of old TV or movie sequels like 'Die Hard' and watch it through the weekend. Plan for easy meals like pizza or quick meals – like lasagna and salad! If you invite your friends, have them bring one dish each.
2. Read a Classic The library is a great source of free reading. Hire out a classic book such as The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald.
3. Pot Luck Dinner and Charades Invite some friends over for dinner. Each person is to bring part of the recipe which is needed to make the dish. While the food is cooking, play a game of charades (or board game like monopoly!)
4. Watch a Play Winter is a perfect time to watch a play, opera or even listen to an orchestra. There are a number of plays being hosted during winter like Thoroughly Modern Millie.
5. Enter into a Competition If you think you have some music talent then why not enter into the Song of the Year with WAM. Entry closes 22 July 2013
Western Australian Music Industry Songwriter of the Year Award
6. Enter into an extreme sporting Event The Avon Descent offers competitors the opportunity to challenge the Avon and Swan River in a variety of power and paddle craft. Entry closes 19 July 2013.
Enter in an extreme sport such as the Avon Descent Photo Credit Avon Descent
7. Take a Tour Sit back and enjoy local sights. Book a local Half Day tour, be ready to be amazed within the backyard of your own home! Choose from City of Lights (a night tour) to Perth City and Zoo Tour. Great for kids of ALL ages.