Hi, there! Welcome aboard! I am a microbiologist having an affair with words and genetically conditioned for cooking and globetrotting. Embark with me on a journey of good food and gorgeous locales.
For more, follow me @thepixelplatter on Instagram.
Published April 21st 2015
Your Mother deserves all the pride you can afford her
Once upon a time there lived a "She" and little "You". She nurtured you day and night, making you strong against the face of all odds, protecting you from every hurdle life put in your way, helping you grow into the wonderful being you have become. She waited into the night when you returned late from a party with friends. She had many wakeful nights when you studied hard for the grueling exam week. She stayed by the bed-side when illness hit you. She loved you with all her might. "She" is the Mother and "you" has blossomed into the amazing person you are. She is the mastermind behind project "You". She is the undeterred craftsman and you are her masterpiece.
There is nothing she expects from you except for a helping hand, a patient ear and an affectionate word spiced with concern. Every moment of your life's journey is a celebration of the toil she put in long time ago as well as the positive vibes she still sends your way. Therefore, thinking of what to give her on the day that has been designated as Mother's Day, many things cross one's mind. Therefore, the best way to make it an unforgettable day for your Mother is by showing her what you do best (either on your own or having learnt from her).
1. A tour of your workplace: As such Mother's Day is on Sunday so guiding her through your office or business establishment is not an impossibility. You will feel her joy when showing around your personal cabin or cubicle. She would be proud to see where you accomplish all your achievements.
2. Bake or cook yourself: Your mother always knew the tricks to make your mouth water. Its high time you showed her you knew what entices her taste buds. Set out a table of her favorite cuisines, the recipe of which you mastered on your own or under her guidance. Finally, surprise her with her preferred flavor of cake or pie, of course, baked entirely by you. Afterwards, you can relax with her chit chatting or watching a movie of yore.
3. Your pictures: Planning of ordering something for her online, think again. How about sending a bunch of your own pictures taken while indulging in various activities over the span of 24 hours. It will definitely make her day.
4. Creations from your hobby: Remember how your mom encouraged you to follow your heart in pursuing your hobbies. You have the perfect occasion ahead to paint, draw, write a piece, carve or make a clay figurine especially for her proving how her persistence has tossed you in perfection's way. If you knit, a sweater from your hands would be perfect to keep her extra warm with the love woven into every strand of wool.
5. A walk to remember: Drive her to her choicest park or beach and then take a stroll soaking in the sun and breeze chatting all along. Afterwards you can surprise her with a visit to a massage spa of your preference.
6. Surprise picnic: Invite her closest friends and pack a healthy snack for a picnic. Embark on a joyride with her to a place she took you for evening strolls. It will refresh some great memories.
7. Ticket to a beauty salon: Why gift her a haircare kit or skin care set when you can steal your mother from her routine activities and get her hair and skin pampered at a beautician's.
8. Make a dress: She stitched all those wonderful frocks and shirts for you. Why not choose a color and fabric of her liking, select a print and design it on your own sewing machine. Else style the costume in the best boutique around. Do not forget to wrap a pair of matching pumps.
9. Show her a show: If she is a big fan of arts, then what better than taking her to an opera, an orchestra or an exhibition. And what better than to organise a private screening of your own stage performance.
10. A Bear Hug: If you feel these do not speak your heart then simply show up at her door and give her the warmest hug possible- she will hear it all.
Remember, your loving mother remembers everything about you. So it is the golden opportunity to put aside every task at hand and show her you too know all that appeases her taste to make Mother's Day 2015 a memorable day for both of you. She deserves the whole cake of pride and a happily ever after.....